A friendly reminder from the mods

<<

Kubastach

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Fiat 126p... with double supercharger

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:00 am

Re: A friendly reminder from the mods

WizzyThaMan wrote:Totally not functional. Just use the search option instead.

as you can see, almost no one see that option, and we again at starting point :?
Manager, engineer and designer of: Falcon MotorSports
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:51 am

vBulletin has a feature that shows similar thread titles automatically after typing in the title part of the "create a thread". I doubt that phpBB allows for that though.
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 am

Kubastach wrote:
WizzyThaMan wrote:Totally not functional. Just use the search option instead.

as you can see, almost no one see that option, and we again at starting point :?

Its imho not too hard just to use that little search box in the top right. Its easier than opening a thread...
The forum should auto-search because you are to lazy to search with one click instead of let it auto-search when you want to open the thread?

Like Wizzy says - if you are smart enough to register your self here, you should be able to use it. Otherwise your threads get closed without warning, and you either a warning or 24h penalty.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:32 am

Can easily fix that little search box. Just some CSS editting can make it larger. Thanks for that suggestion. Something the devs/mods can do and looks like functional feedback.
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

Camshaft91

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Killrob wrote:On the contrary, I don't think Pyrlix was rude in his post at all, direct yes. What is rude on the other hand is when (so many) people ask questions which have been answered clearly on several occasions and these answers are easily accessible, that makes it plain ignorant. How would you treat ignorant people? In the best case you would try to ignore them, I guess, because educating them (new ones) clearly doesn't work, as that would require reading before posting. Ignoring them on the other hand is not an option, as it is the job of the mods to not ignore what is posted on the forums.

As you can see, it's a dilemma. Maybe we should just ignore them instead and accept a messy forum? I have no good answer myself.

All I was suggesting was just make a sticky post up the top of each forum section, as they have done "A friendly reminder from the mods" A great title but just the body of the text is concerning, yes I understand people should read before they post but just as another user said some people just get excited and post before they look... but i'll leave it at that
<<

SamSheepDoq

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 am

I agree that this is an issue. I would like to point out that there should be a "here are similar threads" warning when posting. The Rigs of Rods forum has done this and it helped me when I was new there. I'd hate to see new people come here and post - out of excitement - about a topic that has already been discussed, then get shutdown by a mod that thought they were nothing but a lazy, self-centered user.

If it helps, I'll even remake my old Rigs of Rods account just to get in touch with them and ask them to help get that feature on this forum. I don't think you guys need that since Zuessy is really good at coding (from what I see), but I'm up to helping out this cool community here.
Founder and Lead Engineer at Garza Automotive Company.
See our cars here: Garza Automotive Company.
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Thank you, I hope people will take the time to read this.
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
Previous

Return to Suggestions