F1 engines

<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:23 am

Re: F1 engines

Most super high revving bike engines use a small rocker arm to give higher valve lift and increase high rpm breathing.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:02 am

Soooo....... exactly the system used on many car engines. Even the Datsun L24 had something like that.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:48 am

Different rocker ratios then cars, the smaller valves means then can use lighter weight arms with a higher ratio, combined with a steeper cam angle and stiffer springs means there's a higher effective lift for less weight.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm

I have made a F1 Style engine. 1800cc, 751hp, 633nm, Surprisingly reliable, and not very economic...
1.8lb/hph
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:49 pm

sharky110 wrote:I believe it would be awesome if you could build F1-type engines in Automation, yes the game is primarily focused on road cars, but it would be great to have that posibilty of making those engines to deepen more the "racy" side of Automation, as this is a practice done by many car manufacturers. It would be a nice addition to the game as it will make it more free and sandbox open.

I'm sure (Due to popular demand, such as yours, no doubt) that the game will have an auto-racing feature DLC once the tycoon is released. Soon, anyway, the game is going to implement a slider for fuel octane rather than a specific set number, so technically you can make infinite octane fuel if you want to. Me personally, I am going to make avgas powered V12 f1 engine, detune it, and then put it in a people carrier. Because I can.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Nope, that is false, watch the latest videos on our channel to get that right. ;)
Previous

Return to Suggestions