FAQ  •  Login

Thrilled about the game!

<<

Chepetico

Cars: A Honda Civic

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Thrilled about the game!

The other day I was driving to work and wondered if I could find an awesome car company similator. I loved playing Spore as it allowed players to evole a species and thought a game allowing the same for cars would be absolutely awesome. Since you ask for suggestions I thought I'd submit a wishlist:

1. It should be possible to have different makes within one car company. You can have different makes specializing in family sedans, luxury cars, supercars, etc. Like having Toyota and Lexus within the same company but under different brands.

2. It should be possible to make custom logos and hood ornaments. It should also be possible to change them over time. You can have a logo that is somewhat ornate for the 50's and alter it to something more sleek for the present. It would also be neat if the hood ornaments can be flush with the hood, as on a BMW, or upright, as on a Mercedes.

3. I love the introduction to the game. This may be too much to ask for though, but could the game start around 1900? It sounds like it is already set for the post war period and it may be too late to change. If it cannot be changed it would not prevent me from buying the game but it would be nice to create a company with a storied past if possible.

4. In regards to the global market I note the map is separated into regions. I wonder if it would be possible to have separate demand curves for each region that change over time. As such, demand could be high in North America, Australia, Western Europe and Japan at the start of the game and grow in areas like China and India as the game progress. Each region could also have different tastes such as North America preferring larger vehicles and Western Europe preferring compact cars.

5. In regards to the above, as demand increases in areas like China and India new NPC car companies could evolve to compete with more established countries. For example, assuming the game starts in 1900 America and Europe could dominate the market, in mid game Japanese firms could be competitive and as the game ends companies in China, India and Brazil could enter the market.

6. Mergers should be allowed, this could also be a way for a company to gain new divisions. Based on global demand the rules of the game could be set up in such a way a certain amount of companies can function. Some can be bought out or go out of business.

7. New division should not only be able to be acquired but could also be initiated by the company itself, light Toyota lunching Lexus without purchasing another company.

8. Motorcycles would be cool.

9. Hybrids and electric vehicles would also be cool. As well as commercial vehicles and busses. Perhaps natural gas vehicles to.

10. It would be interesting to see if governments could be modelled. Perhaps we can see if we can con governments into bailing us out if we are about to go under :D .

11. Outside of the game it would be cool if there was an editor that allowed us to customize our vehicles. Like taking a Corolla or Focus and fixing it up with custom engines, paint jobs, etc.

12. Another goodie would be a racing program outside of the game to allow players to race their vehicles against other players.

Just some suggestions.

I wish you guys the best of luck and I am excited as hell waiting for this. As someone who doesn't know too much about engines this game not seems recreational but educational to.

GOOD LUCK!
:D
<<

Deus ex Machina

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: none

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Re: Thrilled about the game!

1) badge engineeering was agreed to by one of the devs somewhere here

3) wont be in the main game

4) seemed to be the goal, otherwise it would get boring

5) in historical mode its said that the NPCs orient themselves on real companies, if they do what u asked i dont know

7) i think thats part of 1)

8) not in the main game iirc

11) devs said they like mods
SIR! We're surrounded by enemies!

Excellent! Now we can attack in ALL directions.
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 pm

1. Yes you can have sub-companies.

2. Interesting idea, I actually never really thought about that before..

3. It won't happen. The Devs already said it would be too much work for the game to start pre-WW2. The cars didn't change much, plus with different valvetrains(side valves and Sleave valves and all that old crap) and 1cylinder and 2 cylinder engines its alot of stuff to add to the game.

4. This is the plan. Each region has different Demands and taxes and emission regulations and such that change over time.

5. Im not sure how the AI companies will be handled.. Whether they will be largely scripted or actually make decisions.. However, Multiplayer will be more dynamic and challenging.

6. I agree with this.. Im not sure if it will be something we will see on release, but perhaps afterwards.

7. Im sure this will be in the game

8. Perhaps and expansion, but I know for sure it won't be on release.

9. This kind of thing falls into the possible engine expansion that will add some of the less common engine types. So if the game does well, you can expect this.

10. I dunno about that one...

11. Well you will be able to make different versions of the same car in the game.. Thats basically the same thing.

12. This has been discussed before. I also think it would be a great idea, but It most likely won't be in the game on release. It might be something added in later patches.. But yeah, it would be cool to have different race series like Rally and stuff. You could make a name for your company by winning races.

And welcome to the Forums :D Its great to see more people getting interested in the game. Tell your friends about it, its hard to get the game out there to the masses. Since there are so few car company games ever made there are not many people that think to look for one. Most of us played Detroit and/or Motor-city and found this game by looking for something newer.

Join us in the live chat sometime, we get lonely :P
<<

zeussy

Developer - Lead Programmer
Developer - Lead Programmer

Cars: A crashed 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Well are official testers have answered the, but you can hear it from us:

1) You can start a company, which is itself a brand and can form sub brands.

2) We have discussed the idea of custom brands and logo's. How might implement it is a tricky one, as there is going to be a lot of legal strings attached.

3) Yes, from around the end of the WWII most cars followed the same format. Fully formed bodies (wings, bonnet, cabin, doors, boot etc). Around the 1900's cars were basically formed as chassis with engines, then sent to your coach building of choice and have a body put on them. Hence the name horseless carriages. Cars did become more formalised and uniformed in the 30's but then that would only give a decade or so of game years before WWII started and all developments torwards civilian cars stopped. Post WWII seemed the perfect time to start the game.

4) Yes, we have a working prototype for that system. Regions will all have unique demands and odd tax laws.

5) Yes, Non Player Companies can start a fresh in new countries as the game progresses.

6) Yes mergers are buyouts are allowed. There will probably be options in multiplayer to stop hostile take overs of player companies.

7) Same as above.

8) Yes, I love motorcycles, no not for the current game release.

9) Hybrids and Electrics for release will probably not happen as this point. Small commercial vehicles like vans and mini busses.

10) No goverment bailouts, this is real capitialism :P

11) Yes, that is part of our plan. There will be stand alone engine designer and car designer demos before the game is released. The cars you designed can be submitted to a gallery to be discussed and voted on.

12) We like the idea of doing a motorsport manager expansion (like football manager). We might start a thread of what Will be in the game at launch, and what won't be in the game at launch.
Lead Progammer (The Guy that makes stuff happen!)

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Come chat to us at http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

Chepetico

Cars: A Honda Civic

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for reviewing my requests. I would like to take part in the live chats. Good luck! This games sounds like it will be awesome! :D

Return to Suggestions