FAQ  •  Login

List of Automation units in IS

<<

BlackBeetle

Cars: A 2.0FX Hyundai Coupé/Tiburon

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 am

List of Automation units in IS

So basically Automation has quite a list of random unexplained units. This is more of a question than anything else, but i figured it'd be a nice idea to have for future people who want to know it (searched it here but didn't find it) since the others are either explained or pretty straight foward

Production Units: What is this? Hours? Days? Months?

Engineering time: Again, hours? Months?

Emissions: Is this CO2 g/km or what is this?

Fuel Type: Is this the octane ratings? It says that Regular is 92. Does this mean it has 92 octane? Because at least in Europe our "regular" is 95, which in the game is considered Premium.

Loudness: Is this in dB?

One other, off-topic question, but isn't the L/100km consumptions a bit exaggerated? I might be rubbish but i can't get a car, even with a small engine, to get legit values compared to real life. The least i can get, and it's with like a 1.2L engine, is 6+ L/100km, which is high as hell

Thanks and cheers
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:59 am

Re: List of Automation units in IS

prod units and engineering time i have always just assumed to be hours, loudness i also always went with decibels since it would make sense, and for fuel octane you sure you're using the right one? because the 2 octane types are RON and AKI, can be changed in settings
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

BlackBeetle

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:06 am

cpufreak101 wrote:prod units and engineering time i have always just assumed to be hours, loudness i also always went with decibels since it would make sense, and for fuel octane you sure you're using the right one? because the 2 octane types are RON and AKI, can be changed in settings

I heard in one of their recent videos Killrob (sorry if misspelled) saying that you had to divide engineering time by 4 when it's engines, and by 3 when it's something else or something like that. Basically it was illogical.

And upon further research, yes, i have RON in automation. And in Europe we use RON too, so yes, here it is common to have 95 oct, and the more premium version, 98. Although 100 is super rare, at least in Portugal. So does that mean that we use the octane values of what Automation calls Premium and Super?
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:09 am

i do know i have a friend in greece and his regular is indeed the regular in automation, so perhaps that would be the case for you in portugal maybe
<<

BlackBeetle

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 am

Uhm... that's strange. I know for a fact that the UK, Spain, France and Germany also use 95/98/100(rarer) we use in Portugal.
And according to wikipedia,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_ra ... variations
Greece uses 95/98 too
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:31 am

hmm... odd then, guess it might go off of america's standard because the regular in automation is the regular we get here (with ultimate being nearly nonexistant it's so rare)
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:17 am

You can select the octane standard in the options. AKI or RON. In Portugal like in almost everywhere in the world, the used the RON. On the US its AKI. 91 octane in the US is equivalent to 95 in EU. They call it premium because it's the top octane they get on pump.
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 am

BlackBeetle wrote:So basically Automation has quite a list of random unexplained units. This is more of a question than anything else, but i figured it'd be a nice idea to have for future people who want to know it (searched it here but didn't find it) since the others are either explained or pretty straight foward

Production Units: What is this? Hours? Days? Months?

It's roughly hours, however this depends on the degrees of automation of a company. A robot can do a task in far less time than a human could, but the amount of production units would be the same, just the robot is capable of churning more of them per hour than humans.

Engineering time: Again, hours? Months?

Again, roughly, months. On the next update this will be made more clear and will depend on the engineers chosen for the job, and some other variables.

Emissions: Is this CO2 g/km or what is this?

Emissions are just a adimensional number that represent both the CO2 and the NOx emissions.

Fuel Type: Is this the octane ratings? It says that Regular is 92. Does this mean it has 92 octane? Because at least in Europe our "regular" is 95, which in the game is considered Premium.

Regular Leaded has 92 RON, Regular Unleaded 91. It was named like that because europe isn't the centre of the world ;)

Loudness: Is this in dB?

Again, adimensional number from 0-100, approximately.

One other, off-topic question, but isn't the L/100km consumptions a bit exaggerated? I might be rubbish but i can't get a car, even with a small engine, to get legit values compared to real life. The least i can get, and it's with like a 1.2L engine, is 6+ L/100km, which is high as hell

The quoted economy figures for european cars are overly optimistic, and achieved under a very un-realistic lab test, and since they matter so much for tax and emission purposes, the manufacturers optimise the cars heavily for them. The game simulates more closely real-life combined figures.
<<

Slim Jim

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe, 6-speed manual

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:43 am

OK, time to add my two cents.

@pmp1337 = Only in California and maybe a few other states is 91 AKI the top octane. Elsewhere in the US, 93 AKI (98 RON) is readily available. I use it all the time. (then again, I do live in a bubble that is the tri-state area so...) :P

@cpufreak101 = Loudness is not measured in decibels. It's just a "number" to make it easy to compare 2 or more cars.

@Blackbeetle = Emissions are assumed to be "all" of the bad stuff rolled into one number (ie. NOx, CO, HC). It's also just a "number" to make it easy to compare 2 or more cars.

Hope this helps clear things up! (ninja'd by Leo)

Return to General Chat