Am I fully updated?

<<

TOKIE

Cars: 1949 Chevy Truck Rat Rod
1950 Chevy Fleetline
1969 Chevy C20 Custom

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Am I fully updated?

Why is it that when I watch youtube videos of other players cars it looks so much more advanced than what I play? I have the V12 so I know I am not too far behind if at all I just do not understand why, or how, their latouts look so cool and mine looks simple. 2000hp is a dream for me.
<<

TOKIE

Cars: 1949 Chevy Truck Rat Rod
1950 Chevy Fleetline
1969 Chevy C20 Custom

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Am I fully updated?

Dont take this as me just bashing the game. I like this game, I just want to see something that makes me love it like I did the first few days I downloaded it.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:51 pm

2000hp isn't anything special. If they have other base car bodies than you have then this is down to mods available from the Steam Workshop. Your version is the latest public version people are playing.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:12 am

TOKIE wrote:Why is it that when I watch youtube videos of other players cars it looks so much more advanced than what I play? I have the V12 so I know I am not too far behind if at all I just do not understand why, or how, their latouts look so cool and mine looks simple. 2000hp is a dream for me.

Killrob wrote:200hp isn't anything special. If they have other base car bodies than you have then this is down to mods available from the Steam Workshop. Your version is the latest public version people are playing.

*buys Killrob some new glasses and a new keyboard to cover all bases*
<<

Killrob

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 am

I did read and meant 2000hp, but you could buy me new fingers, because they obviously have too few RPM to cope with just 3 zeros :P
*corrected original reply
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 am

That's why I added the new keyboard...in case you read but didn't respond appropriately. But, just poking fun at your expense. <3 U, Killrob!
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:10 am

07CobaltGirl wrote:That's why I added the new keyboard...in case you read but didn't respond appropriately. But, just poking fun at your expense. <3 U, Killrob!

another reason why we love automation, can have a bit of fun at the devs without getting an instaban
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:16 am

Yes, the devs here are very laid back and fun to deal with, though I'm sure they believe some of us are not so fun to deal with. hahaha
<<

Killrob

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:12 pm

07CobaltGirl wrote:Yes, the devs here are very laid back and fun to deal with, though I'm sure they believe some of us are not so fun to deal with. hahaha

Almost sounds like you have worked in customer support some point in your life. :P What amazes me though is that we're really well off compared to other game communities. We usually get insulted and shouted at with proper grammar and punctuation. :D
<<

WhiteMercedes

Cars: 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1989 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Killrob wrote:
07CobaltGirl wrote:Yes, the devs here are very laid back and fun to deal with, though I'm sure they believe some of us are not so fun to deal with. hahaha

Almost sounds like you have worked in customer support some point in your life. :P What amazes me though is that we're really well off compared to other game communities. We usually get insulted and shouted at with proper grammar and punctuation. :D

I think there's a specific "breed" that plays Automation: the kind that fusses over the smallest details. We spend hours trying to milk one extra horse out of an engine, and in the same way, we perfect our posts before we submit them.
Guentherstrass AG: Refinement in Motion. Since 1945.

<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Killrob wrote:

I always try to use proper grammar and punctuation when I yell at somebody. Just because I'm yelling, there is no need for me to be rude about it! Actually, the best thing about the Automation devs so far, aside from their sparkling personalities, is that they are openly active in the community instead of standing over it looking down. It makes users in the community more respectful of them (most of the time), and it feels like they have a mutual investment in the game itself, instead of only being about money. Plus, they all have sparkling personalities! (did I already mention that?) And of course I have worked in customer support. Hasn't everybody? :D
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:50 pm

Killrob wrote:Almost sounds like you have worked in customer support some point in your life. :P What amazes me though is that we're really well off compared to other game communities. We usually get insulted and shouted at with proper grammar and punctuation. :D

how come i never realised this....
now that i think about it. even KSP, which are super notorious for the incredibly friendly community, still mocks the devs sometimes.

Return to General Chat