Re: Steam Workshop Mods

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Is there a way to separate the mods that are meshes for parts/bodies etc. and the mods that are user-generated cars/engines?

The list is starting to become heavily populated with the latter, and it is starting to make navigation to update my parts catalog a bit more difficult. Perhaps a separate tag for User Cars and User Engines would be nice. But I don't habitually use the Steam Workshop so am not sure what the best way to go about effecting this change would be, or if anybody else was having a similar thought.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Or, people could not put up those cars into the god damn workshop.

I don't think they can even be accessed generally. Though I haven't "Installed" any of them.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Re: Re: Steam Workshop Mods

Welcome to the Steam Workshop. Dealt with it enough for games like Skyrim and you spend about 70% of your time sorting out the crap to find one or two things you want, 20% actually clicking on things to download them, and 10% investigating things that sound cool.

Unfortunately, half of the problem is the mentality. "I built a car, so I'm going to put it in the workshop." Then the Workshop ends up flooded with user-made cars and engines that serve no purpose when you're looking for new car bodies or fixtures.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Aha, well, I guess I go through NexusMods for my TES modding needs for a reason ;)

Maybe we can put a memo out on this thread then: please don't put your cars and engines on the workshop (actual competitor packs, however, are the exception). They're useless there. A better approach is to upload the files to your own thread on this forum, because the Automation Import folder structure is optimised for this practice.
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Much the same, Strop, much the same. Used the Nexus for quite a while before I knew about the Workshop, but figured I had to try just to see what it was like and, personally, found it to be awful.

But I can agree on that memo.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:35 am

Those people wouldn't be on the forums. That's what I gather. Probably don't realise it exists.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.

Return to General Chat