FAQ  •  Login

Cornering?

<<

PottoGadd

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Cornering?

My car has a time of 1 minute and 12 seconds on the Top Gear track, how do I make it turn faster and/or better?
Sanguine Volare.

''Ambitious But Rubbish''.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Re: Cornering?

That... Is not very specific.

A time of 1:12 may be great if your car is heavy or underpowered or has a ridiculously overdone turbo. Or if it's otherwise well balanced, then you may have several seconds to slash. Try posting some screenshots of the stats here.
<<

PottoGadd

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:14 am

strop wrote:That... Is not very specific.

A time of 1:12 may be great if your car is heavy or underpowered or has a ridiculously overdone turbo. Or if it's otherwise well balanced, then you may have several seconds to slash. Try posting some screenshots of the stats here.

My car weights almost 2000 kg (Thank all the luxury interiors and entertainment) and does 0-100 in under 2.8 seconds with my Turbo V8 (almost 1500 HP), isn't there anything I can do to the springs or suspension? or increase cornering acceleration? I would really like to break the less than 1 minute mark on that track. But I guess that's pretty hard because the fastest car on the real Top Gear track has a time of 1:12 (It's a Pagani, and those are really fast around a corner).
Sanguine Volare.

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:27 am

I can guarantee you that you'll have a very difficult time getting a car that weighs 2000kg with a turbo around that particular track in under 1:10, much less the current best time, which is somewhere around 1:04, much less 1 minute. Consider that anything under 1:04 was a Formula level car and it takes an actual F1 car to break the 1 minute mark. That's not something Automation really allows you to do currently.

Should the whole 2 lips and 2 wings limitation be dissolved later, however, with all the e-diffs etc. we have now, well. I think it may be possible. Also, the turbos current cost the cars a lot of drivability meaning much harder to apply power out of corners, and it will slow you down on Airfield. New turbo tech will be in the game later. For now you'll have a better time with an NA engine with less power.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3834

Compare your car to these ones in terms of power (judging by the power and times alone, you should be able to figure out how much the cars weigh). We're gonna have more stats implemented soon, so you will be able to fully compare your cars to the competition.
<<

PottoGadd

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:00 am

strop wrote:I can guarantee you that you'll have a very difficult time getting a car that weighs 2000kg with a turbo around that particular track in under 1:10, much less the current best time, which is somewhere around 1:04, much less 1 minute. Consider that anything under 1:04 was a Formula level car and it takes an actual F1 car to break the 1 minute mark. That's not something Automation really allows you to do currently.

Should the whole 2 lips and 2 wings limitation be dissolved later, however, with all the e-diffs etc. we have now, well. I think it may be possible. Also, the turbos current cost the cars a lot of drivability meaning much harder to apply power out of corners, and it will slow you down on Airfield. New turbo tech will be in the game later. For now you'll have a better time with an NA engine with less power.

Alright, I can't wait untill they add new engines, new bodies, shinier graphics, and ofcourse the the tyccon part of the game, and there's even going to be mutliplayer?
Sanguine Volare.

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:05 am

Oh, my bad, my car apparently did 1:02. I completely forgot lol.

For reference that was NA and weighed about 1060kg, IIRC. It pulls some serious cornering.
<<

PottoGadd

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:40 am

strop wrote:Oh, my bad, my car apparently did 1:02. I completely forgot lol.

For reference that was NA and weighed about 1060kg, IIRC. It pulls some serious cornering.

I tried making a ''F1 racer'', or basically a version of my car make to go fast but with no thought of the driver (Who needs safety anyway?), and with ridicilous wide tires. I think it went 0-100 in 2.3 seconds (Can't remember right now), and had a top speed of 340 (The original had around 400. Thanks, engine cooling), but it still only had 1 second faster laptime, even though this one weights right under the 1000 kg mark (Almost half the weight) :/
Sanguine Volare.

<<

BobLoblaw

Cars: 1994 Ford Taurus SHO,
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 am

More vents and grill space can improve cooling.
<<

PottoGadd

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:05 pm

BobLoblaw wrote:More vents and grill space can improve cooling.

The cooling ruins it for me though, they reduce my speed.
Sanguine Volare.

Return to General Chat