FAQ  •  Login

2 Bugs, one on V12's RPM system and gear shifts on tracks

<<

BlackBeetle

Cars: A 2.0FX Hyundai Coupé/Tiburon

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:54 am

2 Bugs, one on V12's RPM system and gear shifts on tracks

Hey mates. New to the forum so i honestly have no idea if this is the right place to post this or not. If it isn't, my apologies, but i wanted to share these 2 bugs and i really see no other forum spot for it.

Anyway, since the new Beta, i've noticed 2 significant bugs.

V12 bug:
One of them, is with the newly (my god that sound) V12. Which, on certain conditions, the RPM counter crashes. From what i understood from experimenting AND the bug messages, it's a calculation error. When i first tried to instantly put the car (NOT in test mode), it crashed. It only allowed like 9000 RPM for the current state. After fiddling with the engine a bit, i've tried it again and this time i managed to get it to 11900 without crashing. However the crashes were always at the same number, hence making me believe it's really a calculation error. It's not fatal since the RPMs the game crashed in were way beyond the limit of the engine, but still a bug nevertheless.

Shifting bug:
The other bug is in the test tracks. The shifting sound sounds.... dodgy. Like, both with sequential and manual at least, they instantly shift back down. It's hard to explain so i'll give an example. When we're driving along yeah? When we shift up, we press the clutch and the RPMs slowly-ish go down, right? Well, since the update, with gear shifts, instead of going like 7000, 6900, 6800,..........,5000, it just goes from 7000 to 5000, which sounds really bad to be honest xD

The V12 bug is a bit more important since it literally crashes, however since it's beyond the limit, the shifting bug annoys me more since i love to hear a good sound when test tracking the machines i create.

Thank you for your time and again, apologies if it's in the wrong section.
Blackbeetle
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:55 am

Re: 2 Bugs, one on V12's RPM system and gear shifts on track

Heyya!

Thanks for reporting. In case 1) do you get any lua error when you say "the game crashes"?

As for number 2) that is just a case of that it is not finished yet. Martin is working on the RPM transition in shifts and this was mentioned in the last Little Dev Update on our YouTube channel. :) Check that out to stay in the loop.
Cheers!
<<

BlackBeetle

Cars: A 2.0FX Hyundai Coupé/Tiburon

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:04 am

Hello.
Yes i do. If i recall correctly i always got 2 or 3 LUA crashes. I'm sorry i didn't know how to specify what type of crashes they were xD

Yeah i check them all the time, but i was under the impression that it had been fixed. It's fine then. ^^

BlackBeetle
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:50 am

When you get the error, you can control + c to copy the code and then you can post it here in this thread.
<<

HashiriyaR32

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: VW Golf TSI

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:41 pm

I can agree that the shifting sounds a bit dodgy. In particular, an automatic-equipped car shifts like it's got a manual.

Return to General Chat