FAQ  •  Login

Trouble with older cars

<<

dzlockhead

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 am

Trouble with older cars

Okay, maybe I'm just a moron. I am fine at creating modern cars that can compete against the default competitors. I tried my hand at building a 1965 Muscle car. I started out with a low end V6 model before I went up to the V8's. I am not a pushover, I have a 2015 hyper car than is better than all the competitors by a decent bit and only 3 percent less affordable but I just can't seem to do it with an older car. My highest demographic is Gasmea for this car I am making is Track premium, 47.4 competitiveness, desirability at 924. Thats all I got. Any tips?
My Car company:
Vesper Motors - Your dreams, are our dreams.
Car Company ID: #2015777
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:16 am

Re: Trouble with older cars

Use the export tool in the car manager to export an example, then upload it here and I'm sure plenty of people will be willing to take a look and give tips.
<<

dzlockhead

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks Killrob! Here is my car, I have another one as a four door meant for family I can upload as well. I hope someone can give me some good tips on the classics!
Attachments
dzlockhead - Raver.zip
(86.1 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
My Car company:
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 am

Alright, a few suggestions, applicable to the muscle car demographics. Most of them are money saving tips.

-For your application, going dual 4bbl carburetors is not necessary, since you don't produce enough power for it to make a difference. Going with a single 4bbl will save you a decent amount in production and running costs.

-Your engine has the rev limiter set at the max power point. Put it just a bit later, just before the conrods get yellow.

-Your engine doesn't rev hard enough for forged internals, even after the rev limiter adjustement suggested earlier. Running cast internals saves you some money with no performance losses.

-Using an automatic locker should help boost your sportiveness and your 0-100 and quarter mile times.

-Considering your choice of engine, you might be able to save some money by using a 4 speed gearbox, without any major performance losses (just make sure to readjust it.)

-You do not need to run 2 pistons on the rear brakes, since 1 piston calipers are more than enough to lock the rear.

-Glass fibre is light, but it's also pretty damn expensive. I'd reccomend running steel to save a lot of money, since muscle car buyers don't care much about their car being light.

There might be more things that need adjustements, but fixing those things should help a decent amount.
<<

dzlockhead

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am

Using your tips and a little suspension tweaks, I am now at 780 desirability with 65% affordability compared to 1190 with 53.6 affordability. How does this compare? Is my engine at its heart a failure? This is only the low end model. The highest end is a 5.2L putting out over 350 HP. Any more tips? Is this an appropriate desirability compared to my top competitor?? Thank you for the tips!
My Car company:
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:52 am

What is your competitiveness? That's the important metric, more so than desirability.

I can make the best car in the world but it doesn't matter if no one can afford it.
<<

dzlockhead

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:06 am

My competitiveness after the adjustments is 78.7 on my low end model. 95.8 on my high end model.
My Car company:
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:04 am

Those numbers seem fairly respectable. Some more tweaking might push them a bit higher, but they're not too bad as they are. Just for curiosity (I didn't download the car model myself) what is the competiveness in the Pony sectors for the low end model?

Return to General Chat