<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: No license!

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 am

Competitors? Ehhh?

Simple question, really, yet stupid.

What are competitors?

I've downloaded things like the F40 and the Satsuri Heavy Industries from the workshop, but nothing happened. Then I saw the Competitors thing, what is that? I have two items in there, but none of them are the F40 or the Satsuri thing. I cant find those cars in the sandbox mode either, so could somebody shed some light on these two things?
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:30 am

Re: Competitors? Ehhh?

i'm not 100% sure but if i remember correctly they are the competition that provide the competitiveness score in the markets tab
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 am

Yes, competitors are the cars you compete against on the market tab. :)
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:51 am

Got it. What about the workshop vehicles?
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:52 am

TofuWarrior wrote:Got it. What about the workshop vehicles?

a workshop competitor is just that, a competitor, explained, but a workshop vehicle is a pre made car you can download and it will be in your car "library" so to say
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah, what about them? They are not competitors, just cars you can download and fool around with / use for your own comparisons.
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 am

Exactly, as stated in OP they don't appear.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:11 am

Those workshop vehicles are not supposed to appear as competitors. That population is currently set, though you can select which set of competitors you're competing against in the market tab.
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:23 am

strop wrote:Those workshop vehicles are not supposed to appear as competitors. That population is currently set, though you can select which set of competitors you're competing against in the market tab.

Yes, I already know this. The issue is that the cars aren't having any effect on my game, I'm unable to find them in sandbox mode.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:40 am

TofuWarrior wrote:
strop wrote:Those workshop vehicles are not supposed to appear as competitors. That population is currently set, though you can select which set of competitors you're competing against in the market tab.

Yes, I already know this. The issue is that the cars aren't having any effect on my game, I'm unable to find them in sandbox mode.

oh the competitor vehicles? it's because they are not actually vehicles, just basically a predefined set of stats for multiple vehicles just to act as competition, they aren't really actually cars though, just stats to compare your cars with
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:45 am

cpufreak101 wrote:
TofuWarrior wrote:

oh the competitor vehicles? it's because they are not actually vehicles, just basically a predefined set of stats for multiple vehicles just to act as competition, they aren't really actually cars though, just stats to compare your cars with

Are you saying that the replicas of said cars built in automation were done just for the thumbnail? I find that just a tad hard to believe..
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:49 am

oh sorry i'm a bit confused here, what i said before was for the competitors, the cars with thumbnails should be in your car "garage", i'd check the competitors tab 2 make sure, if you only have the default you're good
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:53 am

cpufreak101 wrote:oh the competitor vehicles? it's because they are not actually vehicles, just basically a predefined set of stats for multiple vehicles just to act as competition, they aren't really actually cars though, just stats to compare your cars with

The competitor vehicles are actual vehicles, but they are hidden in your game files and not directly accessible. Check the gamedata/modname/tycoon folder.
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:09 pm

TrackpadUser wrote:
cpufreak101 wrote:oh the competitor vehicles? it's because they are not actually vehicles, just basically a predefined set of stats for multiple vehicles just to act as competition, they aren't really actually cars though, just stats to compare your cars with

The competitor vehicles are actual vehicles, but they are hidden in your game files and not directly accessible. Check the gamedata/modname/tycoon folder.

Ah, that fixed it right up. Thanks!

Return to General Chat