Competitiveness vs sales

<<

stm316

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Ford Falcon BA XR6 (2004)
Ford Focus LS (2006)

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:23 am

Competitiveness vs sales

I'm hoping someone here can clarify something for me. In terms of competitiveness, at what point (an approximate value would be fine) would a car Trim start to see a slump in sales. I'm going through my older designs, and tuning them to certain demographics, and trying to understand the relationship. Using the vanilla competitor pack, I can either make better cars, or cheaper ones :cry:
In some cases pushing competitiveness over 100, (or mid-high 90's at 10% markup) but what does that actually mean?

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (75.54 KiB) Viewed 3574 times

Please and thank-you.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:03 am

Re: Competitiveness vs sales

I'm taking a stab from what I think I know, and I believe it is how likely someone will choose your car over the competitors cars.

Just my thought/wild guess.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:38 am

This video contains some good info on how this will work and what those numbers mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_TuC_yg6Bk
<<

JohnnyQ85

Cars: Chevrolet Corsa

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi guys, sorry to revive this old thread.

I got this game yesterday on steam and I am very confused about features. Early Access says that there is no campaign or multiplayer but I have seen people playing in multiplayer and this thread indicates that you are actually selling cars in the game.

So what am I missing here :( ?

Thanks!
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:07 pm

There is a market feature that they added on the last update, it's not actually sellings cars, it's more of a projected market analysis so we can get used to making cars for different groups of consumers. There is not as yet a campaign mode but many of us have been making fictional back stories here on the forums for our car brands or models. As for multiplayer I am embarrassed to say I'm not sure if it's currently active, there was a basic version when we only had a engine designer but that was months ago(actually maybe as far back as last year, my how time flys), and the game has evolved a lot since then. Here on the forums we have a board dedicated to user designed challenges and contests that act like multiplayer. one of the moderators designed a racing simulation that has gotten a lot of play on YouTube but its not interactive, he just programs in the cars and a AI "drives" them around a track, its all just calculations no actual player input. I hope you aren't disappointed, the game is super great and more features are being rolled out every few months thanks to the tireless efforts of the Development Team. So get to playing and build up your design skills we'll be waiting to see your cars. :)
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

JohnnyQ85

Cars: Chevrolet Corsa

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:38 am

thanks!

Return to General Chat