FAQ  •  Login

Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

isomgmsghs wrote:I can't even get it to update. It shows the update on the launcher, but nothing has changed, i have early access, supercharged steam version

You need to opt into the open beta: right-click game in library, properties, betas, open beta.
<<

isomgmsghs

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2014 ford fiesta sfe ecoboost.

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:10 pm

thanks
<<

Killrob

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Coiler wrote:I love the update, but had a car that had either N/A or "Inf" as the emissions it made. Attaching said car as evidence. Seemed confined to this one car, as later ones were more "normal".

That's probably because you are running leaded fuel, which makes the emissions value infinite. Not a bug, a feature of using that fuel :P
<<

Killrob

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Trifler wrote:I spent an hour creating a new 1940's car from scratch and put an OHC engine in it. I could open and close it fine. I then went into the Engine Designer and created an OHV engine with the same bore and stroke as a test. I opened the car, selected the new engine, and got the following error eight times (counting once for each click on OK button):

---------------------------
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua..."]:452: attempt to index field 'ModelInfo' (a nil value)

then I got this one:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\EngineCombustion_Main.lua..."]:1488: attempt to index field 'ModelInfo' (a nil value)

and my car is toast. :(

It would be nice if it didn't save over it.

Thanks for the description, does that always happen with engines created in the "engine only" mode when put into cars? Engines created in the "car+engine" sandbox don't suffer from that as far as I know. Never tried to do it that way around. Sorry for the frustration!
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Killrob wrote:Thanks for the description, does that always happen with engines created in the "engine only" mode when put into cars? Engines created in the "car+engine" sandbox don't suffer from that as far as I know. Never tried to do it that way around. Sorry for the frustration!

Unfortunately it seems to be intermittent, which I know makes it vastly harder to diagnose. I created a new chassis again (this time with just a grille) and both engines fit fine, so you can rule out the possibility that the second engine was too big.

I've had it happen in the "car+engine" sandbox before if I try to load an engine that's too big or leave the engine portion while there's a red arrow, but that was in the prior version. It may not be related.

If I count prior versions, most crashes have had to do with swapping engine families. I haven't noticed crashes while swapping variants within the same engine family.
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:40 pm

Found my first bug with the Marketing tab:

In the car I was working on, I opened the Markets tab. Two of the fields had thumbtacks on them by default. In this case they were Light Delivery and Delivery. I wasn't designing a delivery vehicle, so I unchecked them. I then checked Commuter. As soon as I left the Markets page, I got the following error:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindowDemogra..."]:812: attempt to index local 'pin1Position' (a nil value)

Since it says "pin1Position" I'm guessing it's complaining that I only left one field with a thumbtack in it, and it wants two.
<<

partario

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1998 Ford Focus

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:51 pm

One small thing: The 90s van body has incorrectly assigned materials on one variant.
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Not good. All I did was close one car and open another just now (like I did many times without incident tonight) and it gave me this error:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua..."]:541: attempt to index a nil value

After I clicked on Ok, the engine column changed to "N/A". I tried restarting the game, but it won't let me open the car. It just gives me the same error again.
<<

Chucky

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 20VT FR

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:21 pm

I have still te same. problem

for me isn`t working at all. I`ve got error like this:

Fatal error while loading init.lua: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineCalculator_PartsManagem..."]:43:attempt
to index local 'PlatformInfo' (a nil value)

And it crushing on first loading bar screen.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!!!
<<

Killrob

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Chucky wrote:I have still te same. problem
for me isn`t working at all. I`ve got error like this:
Fatal error while loading init.lua: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineCalculator_PartsManagem..."]:43:attempt
to index local 'PlatformInfo' (a nil value)
And it crushing on first loading bar screen.

You mean the game doesn't want to load anymore? Can you go to Documents\My Games\Automation and select your Cars and Engines folders and zip them up and send them to caswal@camshaftsoftware.com with a quick note of which car you were working on? That would be very helpful! Once you've done that, you can either delete both folders or move them to somewhere else (not an Automation folder) and try to start the game again.
<<

Chucky

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Yes, game crashes on loading bar (grey screen with red loading bar). I only hear BGM and sounds and see this loading screen.
So I can`t even tell which car I`m working on beacuse the game won`t start ;)

EDIT:

I`ve deleted this two folders and the game starts. I can build my cars once again, so I think it`s everything fine now!

Thanks Killrob.
<<

Chucky

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:54 pm

I have created my new car, but I can`t do the test track, so I can`t have any car stats. Any suggestions to this problem?

EDIT: My bad, I haven`t complete my car, it`s ok now.
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 pm

When I test the car in the TopGear track, the car brakes in the straight, and a car that I designed 2 days ago complete the track in 1:12.87, with the new version needs 1:48.12 to complete due this issue.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

8bs

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:34 am

titleguy1 wrote:
ALSO, this weird pink thing came up on my car and it removed all the fixtures.
]

The pink issue is due to some fixture that doesn't belong to the vanilla pack, and wasn't downloaded from the workshop, in my case, a badge
. It happened to me also. I've swapped the badge and the issue was solved!
<<

randomone

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None! :D

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:35 am

8bs wrote:
titleguy1 wrote:
ALSO, this weird pink thing came up on my car and it removed all the fixtures.
]

The pink issue is due to some fixture that doesn't belong to the vanilla pack, and wasn't downloaded from the workshop, in my case, a badge
. It happened to me also. I've swapped the badge and the issue was solved!

On that subject anyone figure out a way to sort out the duplicate fixtures from when they were mods to the ones recently added without all your cars getting lost in the process?
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat