FAQ  •  Login

Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:07 am

Re: Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

Killrob wrote:@FreezePop: No, you're probably just confused by mpg not making sense in the context. The game gives you the numbers for driving 100km at the various speeds without any accelerations. That is the cruise. The accelerations are separate and there are more or less of them depending on the speed. In L/100km this makes sense as the calcs are all "over the course of 100km", so you just get a liter figure straight up: cruise @ speed + acceleration @ speed = total @ speed, for every speed. These are then weighted and added together. That only makes sense in liters, really. We probably need to make a different variant for mpg displaying things in gallons instead of mpg.

Okay, so I was really confused by this at first, but I think I got it:
Automation-Econ Anomaly.png
Automation-Econ Anomaly.png (221.05 KiB) Viewed 4721 times

The number in the second column is how much fuel the car consumes while cruising at that speed, and the number in the third column is how much additional fuel the car consumes during acceleration at that speed.

So, two suggestions:
  • For the lt/100 km display, add a plus sign before the number in the third column to indicate that it is additional fuel consumed and not total fuel consumed.
  • For the mpg display, calculate the total lt/100 km for the acceleration column, convert that total to mpg, and then subtract it from the cruise mpg to get mpg lost (displayed with a minus sign). So, for example, the 30 km/h row for my car would say "40.5 mpg" in the cruise column and "-10.8 mpg" in the acceleration column (because it drops from 40.5 to 29.7 mpg).

The mpg numbers would still be deceptive because mpg sucks, but they would be much less deceptive than "112.0 mpg" in the acceleration column would be.
<<

cptcobbler

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: renault

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:30 am

Apart from the bugs you know about (youtube video by Killrob) the only problem i have found is lagging/low fps going, but going in to the fullscreen unstable helps a bit but that opens up the problem of error messages not being displayed

Ps I know that optimisation is low on list and each system is diffrent

sorry for any poor spelling
<<

ohm1996

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2010 Honda Accord, 2011 Isuzu D-Max, 2011 Mercedes-Benz E250 CGI and 2013 Isuzu MU-X (actually, my mother drive these)

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:30 am

My Car Body Feedback.

The 60s Van that added from Felgen was introduced to late (in 1985) rather than 1965.
The 80s Executive introduction year was later 6 years (1989) than mod (1983).
The 90s Huge Wagon's rear door was too small when I don't adjust the design.
The 2010s Swoop Hatchback's window angle was not same as Sedan.
<<

iYo13

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:52 am

So far I am facing a quite frustrating bug. When trying to create a race or sporty car I cannnot however I try get any market. And I don't know if it's related but on the test track the car never go faster than 100 kph. (And it's not related to the gear since I tried differents ratio and gear number)
I thought that it could be caused by some workshop mods I had installed but after removing them all the problem still persit.

However I am still pretty pleased to finaly having access to markets. :D
Attachments
bug2.jpg
bug2.jpg (359.71 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
bug.png
bug.png (387.93 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:27 am

So, how come there's no Rear-engined AWD option? AFAIK, there's more cars with it that RR sold at this moment.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

SkylineFTW97

Cars: 2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 am

I'm getting a wierd glitch that causes ridiculously high lap times, as the car's brakes are put on full blast after the first corner on the airfield track.
Drew Motor Vehicles
Company ID: #1938042
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:37 am

iYo13 wrote:So far I am facing a quite frustrating bug. When trying to create a race or sporty car I cannnot however I try get any market. And I don't know if it's related but on the test track the car never go faster than 100 kph. (And it's not related to the gear since I tried differents ratio and gear number)

1) The affordability figure indicates that cost isn't the problem. Try hovering over each market to determine if there's another issue, mainly body far too old, or fuel type not available in the region, as if the fuel doesn't exist in the region, nobody will want to buy it. In 2015, 95RON and above is scarce in Archana, and in Fruinia, you'd be hard pressed to find 98RON. I'm not sure if even Gasmea stocks 100RON.

2) I've reported the issue of the speed limit on track testing, some say it's stuck in the first gear, I was getting an artificial limit of 100km/h myself. It's on the high priority list of "to fix ASAP".

@SkylineFTW97: refer to 2), it's the same bug.
<<

iYo13

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:51 am

@Strop: thanks for the hint, it was apparently the safety value wich lacked. I would have never thought it too be a probleme for a track car.
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:34 am

iYo13 wrote:So far I am facing a quite frustrating bug. When trying to create a race or sporty car I cannnot however I try get any market. And I don't know if it's related but on the test track the car never go faster than 100 kph. (And it's not related to the gear since I tried differents ratio and gear number)
I thought that it could be caused by some workshop mods I had installed but after removing them all the problem still persit.

However I am still pretty pleased to finaly having access to markets. :D

The same problem in my case.

More bugs: when I select a part of engine or selecting a car area (e.g. body to fixtures), the game doesn't respond, and, some cases, the game crash with a windows error, closing the game, or waiting 2 minutes.

I had a high-end PC, and this can't cause the low performance: before the update, the game works very well.
    -Asus Maximus VII Ranger.
    -Intel Core i5 4690k.
    -Zalman Z11 Plus.
    -Galax GTX 970.
    -Corsair RM750.
    -WD Caviar Green 1TB.

And, the market doesn't works well now.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:45 am

Another annoying problem: The screenshot button works like this now.

ALSO, this weird pink thing came up on my car and it removed all the fixtures.
Last edited by titleguy1 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: No license!

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:54 am

titleguy1 wrote:Another annoying problem: The screenshot button works like this now.

I like it :P
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:37 am

Killrob wrote:@FreezePop: No, you're probably just confused by mpg not making sense in the context. The game gives you the numbers for driving 100km at the various speeds without any accelerations. That is the cruise. The accelerations are separate and there are more or less of them depending on the speed. In L/100km this makes sense as the calcs are all "over the course of 100km", so you just get a liter figure straight up: cruise @ speed + acceleration @ speed = total @ speed, for every speed. These are then weighted and added together. That only makes sense in liters, really. We probably need to make a different variant for mpg displaying things in gallons instead of mpg.

Would prefer you made it display the results differently to match mpg than by changing mpg to gallons per 100 km.

Also, don't forget you told us km/L would be added to the Options menu at some point. I've been looking forward to that for a long time. That can share the calculations with mpg, rather than converting mpg into g/100km.
Last edited by Trifler on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Coiler

Cars: None

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:51 pm

I love the update, but had a car that had either N/A or "Inf" as the emissions it made. Attaching said car as evidence. Seemed confined to this one car, as later ones were more "normal".
Attachments
Coiler12 - Hussar.zip
Car with the emissions bug
(85 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:18 pm

I spent an hour creating a new 1940's car from scratch and put an OHC engine in it. I could open and close it fine. I then went into the Engine Designer and created an OHV engine with the same bore and stroke as a test. I opened the car, selected the new engine, and got the following error eight times (counting once for each click on OK button):

---------------------------
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua..."]:452: attempt to index field 'ModelInfo' (a nil value)

then I got this one:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\EngineCombustion_Main.lua..."]:1488: attempt to index field 'ModelInfo' (a nil value)

and my car is toast. :(

It would be nice if it didn't save over it.
<<

isomgmsghs

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2014 ford fiesta sfe ecoboost.

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:56 pm

I can't even get it to update. It shows the update on the launcher, but nothing has changed, i have early access, supercharged steam version
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat