Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

Dumb question, is the game supposed to update automatically, or do I have to do something manually?
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Opt into the open beta on Steam, yes. It won't update automatically as it is not a public release. It's a "join at your own risk" thing :)
<<

FreezePop

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2009 Cobalt

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:17 pm

It looks like the economy numbers for "acceleration" and "cruise" are reversed? I'm seeing high numbers(good economy) for "acceleration" and low numbers(poor economy) for "cruise". I'm pretty sure that should be the other way around unless I'm reading it wrong...like 57mpg for "acceleration" and 14mpg for "cruise" at 90km/h. Is this wrong, or am I misunderstanding what the game is telling me there?
<<

RioRedSVT

Cars: 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra: Rio Red, 5spd, Short Throw Shifter, 3.55s, Lowering Springs. Otherwise Factory.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:54 pm

How do i Opt into the open beta?

As far as the Join at your own risk bit, risk of what?

Eagerly waiting response, really want to try the new stuff! :)
1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra: Rio Red, 5spd, Short Throw Shifter, 3.55s, Lowering Springs. Otherwise Factory.
<<

Killrob

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:55 pm

@FreezePop: No, you're probably just confused by mpg not making sense in the context. The game gives you the numbers for driving 100km at the various speeds without any accelerations. That is the cruise. The accelerations are separate and there are more or less of them depending on the speed. In L/100km this makes sense as the calcs are all "over the course of 100km", so you just get a liter figure straight up: cruise @ speed + acceleration @ speed = total @ speed, for every speed. These are then weighted and added together. That only makes sense in liters, really. We probably need to make a different variant for mpg displaying things in gallons instead of mpg.
<<

Killrob

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:58 pm

RioRedSVT wrote:How do i Opt into the open beta?

Right-click on Automation in your Steam library and choose properties -> betas -> open beta

RioRedSVT wrote:As far as the Join at your own risk bit, risk of what?

Destroying previous cars and being frustrated by bugs, basically. So far it seems pretty good though ;)
<<

RioRedSVT

Cars: 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra: Rio Red, 5spd, Short Throw Shifter, 3.55s, Lowering Springs. Otherwise Factory.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Killrob wrote:
RioRedSVT wrote:How do i Opt into the open beta?

Right-click on Automation in your Steam library and choose properties -> betas -> open beta

RioRedSVT wrote:As far as the Join at your own risk bit, risk of what?

Destroying previous cars and being frustrated by bugs, basically. So far it seems pretty good though ;)

Ok thank you very much Killrob! I look forward to trying the new open beta! :D

I dont have to worry about losing previous cars, unfortunately, my roommate decided it would be funny to delete all my cars. >:( (Last time i leave my room unlocked!) so im starting over. luckily i can recall all my favorites from memory.
1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra: Rio Red, 5spd, Short Throw Shifter, 3.55s, Lowering Springs. Otherwise Factory.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 pm

A couple of things I've noticed so far:

1. Editing is spelled incorrectly

2. When I change the sales price of my car in the markets menu (a car I made in the stable release), I get the following error everytime I make the number bigger or smaller (doesn't crash the game, though):
---------------------------
Lua Error:
Step() failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindowDemogra..."]:813: attempt to index local 'pin2Position' (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
Retry Cancel
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 pm

I don't know if this is a bug but there are people in the world that can afford 1mill + cars yet in the game it gives me a affordablility of 0.0%
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:26 pm

That'd be due to two things:

1) competitor cars that were premade, and thus are measured against your car to determine your 'competitiveness' score, deliver appropriate results for cheaper
2) the affordability stat does affect your desirability (in both directions), and quite likely there is a limit on what is deemed 'affordable' which may not reflect real life values. Note that Gasmea is the very rich, lots of nice roads country, Fruinia is the moderately rich, all kinds of roads, and Archana is basically a third world country with many unfinished surfaces the likes of which your Kazakh Freedom car is suited to. Hypercars are far more relevant to the first two locations.
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:51 pm

When I make the brand, and I will modify, all the cars that I passed into my brand are now in the left tray, and when I try to send now into the brand, appears a lua crash (I can't make a photo because closes quickly).

And the hatchback body (the modern) says that is an old body.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:12 am

The threshold for "this body is too old to be desirable" is quite low, as the effect on desirability starts low and climbs as the years go on. How pronounced this effect is, depends on the class of car. Really, the moment a production car enters its second or third iterative trim, it starts looking old already!
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:41 am

Well, if I created a car in previous Steam versions, can I still open them?
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

8bs

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:17 am

strop wrote:The threshold for "this body is too old to be desirable" is quite low, as the effect on desirability starts low and climbs as the years go on. How pronounced this effect is, depends on the class of car. Really, the moment a production car enters its second or third iterative trim, it starts looking old already!

Indeed!

Another thing is the Price tag vs desirability....

1st: i don't remember if the selling price (0%) is the Break Even Point or is the default price with a minimum Margin Wage....

2nd: the desirability and affordability of the competitors are related to the average budget of the buyer? I mean if i want to make a decent profit, i should raise my selling price near to the average? is that right?
<<

Chucky

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 20VT FR

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:19 am

Hi, for me isn`t working at all. I`ve got error like this:

Fatal error while loading init.lua: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineCalculator_PartsManagem..."]:43:attempt
to index local 'PlatformInfo' (a nil value)

And it crushing on first loading bar screen.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!!!
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat