Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

Microwave wrote:Nor is it Steam's fault. Post your computer specs or something.

Okay, so I've got 8 gigs of RAM and an AMD Radeon A8-5550 APU, 2.1 Ghz/4 cores. And I don't recall having that many major issues running Automation, if any at all, prior to moving to Steam(not at this moment, anyway).

So I'm not convinced that it's my computer hardware: all the evidence I have right now points to Steam being the root of the problem, or at least much of it.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:02 pm

What operating system are you running, though?
<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:01 am

Microwave wrote:What operating system are you running, though?

Whoops. Sorry about the omission. I'm running Windows 8.1 to play this game, by the way.

Edit: I do have to wonder if part of the problem I've been having is also due to some sort of issue with Windows as well.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 am

AlternateSteve90 wrote:
Microwave wrote:What operating system are you running, though?

Whoops. Sorry about the omission. I'm running Windows 8.1 to play this game, by the way.
Edit: I do have to wonder if part of the problem I've been having is also due to some sort of issue with Windows as well.

Hearing about your problems it does sound a bit like some other software is interfering, like you're running an (anti-) virus software or something? Have you tried switching that off in that case? Also: there is no way to switch back to standalone, so lets try to get your problems with Steam sorted out :) have you installed all the latest drivers (audio and graphics) for your machine, too?
<<

carskick

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
2014 Mazda CX5 2.5 GT

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:49 am

Great job on all the fast and efficient bug fixes, guys!!!

Playing with a 2009 5 door hatchback, I noticed adding a front lip or a spoiler on the roof doesn't affect down-force at all. The Front and Rear sliders do nothing.

I was going to test it with another new car before posting this, so I started clicking through the build of a car in 2015 with the 2 door Charger style body, and the game error-ed and crash as soon as I tried to put on the front lip. Rebooted, tried again, it did work. Decided to make a HUGE V6 to see if encountered the problem of another poster of it being to long. The length arrow was yellow, but the 8.1 liter turbo V6 wasn't too long, just to tall. Raising the hood and adding a hood "lump" didn't help either. Shouldn't it? Anyways, using Throttle-body per cylinder fixed it. While tuning it, I reached the bottom end torque limit, but the indicators for that part stayed green, going straight to blinking as I added power, instead of gradually turning to yellow, orange, then red.

Anyways, got all the way through finishing that car, and the down force front/rear from lip and spoiler DID work.

So, I tried recreating a car quickly with the 5 door body style in 2009 again. Front/Rear downforce works! It's almost like the first one I made will not detect spoilers no matter what. I noticed the active spoiler button stopped working.

I've exported the car build with the issue and attached it. It's actually an attempt at recreating a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3. Now, when I try to add a front lip, I get a LUA error. Didn't do that when I started this post. :roll:

I hope this was helpful!
Attachments
carskick - Mazdaspeed 3.zip
(120.21 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Name of Car Company: Kirk Automotive
Website or Forum thread: Initial announcement of first car: 1984 Kirk C130T
Company ID: 2015519
Current Compeititon: The Efficient Future - Make the Best of it
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 pm

I've been encountering a curious bug where when I first open up an existing car, the stats are slightly higher than they are once they get recalculated. For example, when I open a car, it might say 35.7 Driveability, but if I switch tabs or change a setting and then change it back, it becomes 35.2 Driveability and stays there. If I close the car again and then reopen it, it says 35.7 again until I do something that let's it recalculate. This occurs on most of my cars. Maybe all of them. At first I thought maybe it was running the first calculation with the car body template instead of the variant, but the issue still occurs on models that only have one variant.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Up until now I've just kind of been ignoring it, but it's a bug so I decided I'd better report it.
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm

I set the fuel cons. To l/100km, but in the fuel tab, the units are in km/l .
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

FordManFromHell

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: FordManFromHell owns Ford's

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:50 am

Rear engined and trying to select 5d variant of this body results in this message. Also a minor notice that the 70's muscle seems to have different default morph's on front end between 2d and 4d.
Attachments
Bug.png
Bug.png (920.66 KiB) Viewed 4323 times
<<

Killrob

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:53 am

vmo wrote:I set the fuel cons. To l/100km, but in the fuel tab, the units are in km/l .

Here the units switch perfectly fine between km/L and L/100km. Can you show an instance (how to reproduce) where what you observe happens?
<<

Killrob

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 am

Trifler wrote:I've been encountering a curious bug where when I first open up an existing car, the stats are slightly higher than they are once they get recalculated. For example, when I open a car, it might say 35.7 Driveability, but if I switch tabs or change a setting and then change it back, it becomes 35.2 Driveability and stays there. If I close the car again and then reopen it, it says 35.7 again until I do something that let's it recalculate. This occurs on most of my cars. Maybe all of them. At first I thought maybe it was running the first calculation with the car body template instead of the variant, but the issue still occurs on models that only have one variant.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Up until now I've just kind of been ignoring it, but it's a bug so I decided I'd better report it.

I see the same thing here but without any values actually changing, some get colored, others stay yellow.
Could you upload one of the cars that does that for you (export, upload zip) and tell us exactly what you do to get the effect you describe?
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Not so much a bug as a annoyance, I like the fact that when you make your engine too big for the car that it minimizes the stats screen to show you (thank you so much for that!) but is it possible to disable that while it's in the test run? I sometimes design engines large enough that once they start twisting around and revving the size arrows go red and I lose the power graph until the end of the test.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Baxeg

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 pm

love the new market demographics just 2 things that I find a bit odd

Fuel availability when car set for low quality can't customers use better fuel if low quality not available?
Should car octane requirement or what we use in car design set the minimum fuel needed and then check availability for anything that's at that or higher level?
mostly feel this when making cars to fit for archana

Cars made for leaded fuel in real life can use non leaded fuels if they have high enough octane levels with slightly higher maintenance costs maybe, cause new fuels are a bit more corrosive

Maybe I'm just lazy to make a new trim/ engine variant just to change fuel type in the transition years of leaded ban :)

Old body penalty seems a bit severe at times, I thought this mechanic was more for using car new car trims with old car models, right now it feels it's limiting choice for car body in certain years.(not saying that 1940's car boddy should be used in 2020 :) )
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Baxeg wrote:snip

Cars made for leaded fuel in real life can use non leaded fuels if they have high enough octane levels with slightly higher maintenance costs maybe, cause new fuels are a bit more corrosive

Maybe I'm just lazy to make a new trim/ engine variant just to change fuel type in the transition years of leaded ban :)

A friend of mine used modern unleaded fuel in an old Volvo B20 engine, cast iron head, the exhaust valve ate into the head withing 5000km. You MUST have hardened valve seats if unleaded fuel is to be used.
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 am

RobtheFiend wrote:
Baxeg wrote:snip

A friend of mine used modern unleaded fuel in an old Volvo B20 engine, cast iron head, the exhaust valve ate into the head withing 5000km. You MUST have hardened valve seats if unleaded fuel is to be used.

Exactly, but the hardened valve seats is due the unleaded fuel, obviously, doesn't contain Tetraethyl lead, because this compound, besides raising the octane valves made not graze the seat.
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:16 pm

When you go to the engine creator last tab, you can't see the engine map (the colours map of the engine parts to look the failures) when you press start or you test manually the engine.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat