Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Re: Open Beta [B150918+] Feedback

Um I think I broke the test track..... (this is in the latest open beta release)
Heres the car and testing track files, the 1940 trim works fine but the 1945 trim doesn't.

If you need anything else just let me know and I will get it for you. :D
Attachments
UMGaming - Soltra 156.zip
(102.98 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Soltra Test Track.zip
(139.21 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
<<

randomone

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None! :D

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:34 am

Been loving this update so far; feels good when several of the cars from the previous version were already showing high scores without any tweaking. Few questions though regarding future forum competition stuff

1.Is there anyway to get the market values of the cars in a competitor pack zip against one another for forum competition use, or do we have to have to load each car separately? A console debug dump command would work fine as long as the data is decipherable.

2.What happens if you look up the market for a car that is also in the competitor list? Does the game exclude the active car or the competitor car for calculations, or does something else happen that has to do with that "one million trims" problem you solved awhile back?

3.Do multiple competitor zips loaded at once get dumped in the same pool, or are they treated as separate "companies" for the "one million trims" thing, or what? What happens if their are duplicate cars in both?

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, but the list view in market has the icons overlapping text
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 am

randomone wrote:1.Is there anyway to get the market values of the cars in a competitor pack zip against one another for forum competition use, or do we have to have to load each car separately? A console debug dump command would work fine as long as the data is decipherable.

Unfortunately there is not, the only output we had for internal testing as a csv dump was the top competitors.

randomone wrote:2.What happens if you look up the market for a car that is also in the competitor list? Does the game exclude the active car or the competitor car for calculations, or does something else happen that has to do with that "one million trims" problem you solved awhile back?

It excludes itself from the competitive calculations, that's why you can get more than 100 in that stat. The only thing that the current car is considered for is the "number of competitors" stat, which looks at the highest scoring competitor and looks how many cars are within 75% of that, your car including if you are the leader at 100+ competitiveness or above 75%.

randomone wrote:3.Do multiple competitor zips loaded at once get dumped in the same pool, or are they treated as separate "companies" for the "one million trims" thing, or what? What happens if their are duplicate cars in both?

Yes, they are all dumped in the same pool for now. The company and trim separation will first be implemented when actual sales come into the picture. :)

randomone wrote:Edit: Also, forgot to mention, but the list view in market has the icons overlapping text

Can you post a screenshot of that?
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:27 am

Killrob wrote:
randomone wrote:Edit: Also, forgot to mention, but the list view in market has the icons overlapping text

Can you post a screenshot of that?

I can.

To replicate. Have a finnished car. Open the market tab. Switch to list view. Switch to overview for example. Then back to the market tab.
Attachments
overlaping.png
overlaping.png (360.04 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Baxeg wrote:Fuel availability when car set for low quality can't customers use better fuel if low quality not available?
Should car octane requirement or what we use in car design set the minimum fuel needed and then check availability for anything that's at that or higher level?
mostly feel this when making cars to fit for archana

That's true. A car made for low quality unleaded would run fine on regular unleaded. It would cost more for no benefit, but it would run fine.
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Killrob wrote:
Trifler wrote:I've been encountering a curious bug where when I first open up an existing car, the stats are slightly higher than they are once they get recalculated. For example, when I open a car, it might say 35.7 Driveability, but if I switch tabs or change a setting and then change it back, it becomes 35.2 Driveability and stays there. If I close the car again and then reopen it, it says 35.7 again until I do something that let's it recalculate. This occurs on most of my cars. Maybe all of them. At first I thought maybe it was running the first calculation with the car body template instead of the variant, but the issue still occurs on models that only have one variant.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Up until now I've just kind of been ignoring it, but it's a bug so I decided I'd better report it.

I see the same thing here but without any values actually changing, some get colored, others stay yellow.
Could you upload one of the cars that does that for you (export, upload zip) and tell us exactly what you do to get the effect you describe?

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now.

I've attached a 1940 car that does it.
To reproduce:
1) Open the car
2) Make a note of the Driveability before clicking on anything
3) Go to the transmission tab.
4) Increase or decrease gear spacing by one, then change it back.
5) Going to the suspension tab and changing camber by one and then back also works.
6) Note that the Driveability is not the same as it was earlier.
7) Close the car and reopen it. Note that it has the Driveability from #2 again.

Really changing any setting that gets it to recalculate does it, but I use those two because it's easy to see the change with them. I've also changed quality sliders, changed the seats, etc. Changing engine settings will do it too, but then you don't have the number on the screen in front of you.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: File removed now that Killrob saw it.
Last edited by Trifler on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Interesting, I get that with your car too.

BUT, when I change something, save it, then exit, restart and reload the car, it doesn't do that anymore. So how did you get to this behavior in the first place? :D
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Killrob wrote:Interesting, I get that with your car too.

BUT, when I change something, save it, then exit, restart and reload the car, it doesn't do that anymore. So how did you get to this behavior in the first place? :D

Hmm... Well, on mine, changing it, saving it, exiting, restarting, and reloading the car doesn't fix the problem. I also have it happening to a varying degree on at least five cars that I've noticed. I've done a "verify cache" with Steam. Yet if it goes away on yours, then that would seem to imply that there's something on my end. I have no mods installed. idk.

I'll go ahead and try completely uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it and report back.
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Trifler wrote:
Killrob wrote:Interesting, I get that with your car too.

Hmm... Well, on mine, changing it, saving it, exiting, restarting, and reloading the car doesn't fix the problem. I also have it happening to a varying degree on at least five cars that I've noticed. I've done a "verify cache" with Steam. Yet if it goes away on yours, then that would seem to imply that there's something on my end. I have no mods installed. idk.

I'll go ahead and try completely uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it and report back.

Well, I moved my car and engine designs elsewhere, then uninstalled Automation, and deleted the Automation folders from Steam and Documents. I then reinstalled Automation and copied my cars and engines back in. I tried opening a couple of my cars, making a change, saving it, exiting the game, restarting the game, an reopening those cars, but the issue remains. I don't know why it went away for you. :(
<<

PaleOne

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:23 am

Tinkered with Automation for a bit for the 1st time in awhile (build 151001). Nice to see the market section in there.

Just a couple of minor things I noticed:

On the gearbox screen the current fuel consumption value is (for me) in mpg while the previous one is in litres/100 Km. (I reported this one on Steam as well - sorry).

On the aerodynamics screen when I do make changes the material cost and production units are red regardless of whether they improved or got worse.

Btw, where is the preferred place for reporting little things like this, on this forum or Steam?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Meridian Motor Group (MMG)
Company ID#: 1945580
<<

Ben1014

Cars: As soon as I get my license, a 2005 Buick Terraza

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:35 am

Whenever I try to move a fixture (click, hold, then move), the fixture is duplicated rather than being selected and/or moved. Is anyone else having this problem?
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:56 am

Ben1014 wrote:Whenever I try to move a fixture (click, hold, then move), the fixture is duplicated rather than being selected and/or moved. Is anyone else having this problem?

You aren't holding shift are you? Moving while holding shift creates a copy of the selected fixture.

Killrob Edit: Or CAPS LOCK
<<

Carmadgaz

Cars: Mazda MX-5
Range Rover Classic
Series IIA 109
Transit camper

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 am

Having some issues with the tyres in the Sandbox. Widths don't increase as they should. Sometimes the down arrow increases the sizes and altering the one axle randomly changes the other. Also keeps telling me the tyres have blown when it comes to the stats box.
<<

Ben1014

Cars: As soon as I get my license, a 2005 Buick Terraza

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:59 am

No, I wasn't holding shift (or caps lock)
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:08 am

no one have been posting more bugs??

i have been experiencing a bug i call
'f*ck you fixtures'

here's how i replicated it
pick body> morph it> put ONLY GRILLS on> design the rest of the car while saving on every step> go back and put all the fixtures on> save

nothing's wrong up to there

then i make a new trim by cloning the first one. and then 'f*ck you fixtures' do their job.
all the fixtures, and only the fixtures went back to when i only put the grill on. on both the first, and the new trim

and it only happens if i clone it. if i click new trim, nothing's wong
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat