Transmissions and diff's

<<

USDMFTW

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Saturn SL2
Look i have DOHC :P

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Transmissions and diff's

conan wrote:And as I expected, the rabbit hole is getting deeper.

You know what I expect next? People will complain why their lineup full of trim with one different being the final drive ratio. Because back in the 60's the car company offered different diff ratio as an option so why can't they?! Why having every unique 42 trims (number much lower than reality btw) is bringing their company down!

And you know the only 3 numbers that is the direct result of the final drive ratio? Acceleration, top speed and fuel economy. The devs can replicated that quite well already. What they won't be able to replicate is your BUTT DYNO.

Yeah. This is going very very well.

Post like this are part of the problem and not the solution, not one person in this thread asked for anything completely ignorant. You have offered absolutely nothing to the discussion.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:04 am

USDMFTW, while scathing, he does make a good point: the results are realistic already now and won't become more realistic by adding any exact gear ratio tuning. At that level of accuracy other factors have larger errors than gear ratios that are slightly off.
<<

Boosted7M

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1991 Toyota Supra
2000 Subaru Outback

Post Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:47 pm

I understand the point of it staying simplified, I will not argue to have the ability to change the exact gear ratios. On the other hand I do think it would would be a very nice piece of data/"cool factor" to maybe see the exact final drive ratio along side the top speed. This might be be a "simple" (have no idea if it is) way to appease the gear nuts that want the ability to control exact gear ratios. BTW I will be happy regardless.
Previous

Return to General Chat