Open Beta RC1 (B150626) Feedback

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 am

Re: Open Beta (B150619+) Feedback

I've noticed that all the fixtures disappear or get all screwed up when moving from the fixtures tab to the color/drive type tab.

Also, the trim designer just threw an error.

Step() failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindow.lua..."]:4024: attempt to index field 'accelerationDetails' (a nil value)

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:45 am

I can't recreate that. Do you have any possibility to capture in-game footage to make a video of what you do to get this to happen?
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:15 am

Killrob wrote:I can't recreate that. Do you have any possibility to capture in-game footage to make a video of what you do to get this to happen?

I also have some videos. Would you like me to PM you the zip?

Sure can.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (198.95 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (179.43 KiB) Viewed 3447 times

<<

Killrob

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 am

VosNox wrote:I also have some videos. Would you like me to PM you the zip?

Would be excellent if you could upload it to either youtube as an unlisted video, or to something like dropbox, google drive, etc. and send me the link in either case via PM :) That would be much appreciated!
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:49 am

Killrob wrote:
VosNox wrote:I also have some videos. Would you like me to PM you the zip?

Would be excellent if you could upload it to either youtube as an unlisted video, or to something like dropbox, google drive, etc. and send me the link in either case via PM :) That would be much appreciated!

Here they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRO91y262SY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsX54jGLuA

On an unrelated note: does the V6 not allow an AWD gearbox?

<<

Killrob

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 am

For the ""Sporty Truck" video I can't see if this is a bug or not. If you select "new trim", does it then have all the fixtures? If so, then it's not a bug but you not following the template/trim sequence properly :)
The other video: same question there. Did you make changes to the template and expect them to carry over to the trim already existing, or is this a different issue? What happens here when you select "New Trim"?
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 am

Killrob wrote:For the ""Sporty Truck" video I can't see if this is a bug or not. If you select "new trim", does it then have all the fixtures? If so, then it's not a bug but you not following the template/trim sequence properly :)
The other video: same question there. Did you make changes to the template and expect them to carry over to the trim already existing, or is this a different issue? What happens here when you select "New Trim"?

Yes, I want the fixtures to carry over. I've not tried experimenting with alternate trims yes. With both cars, when I'm done designing fixtures and select the drive train / paint tab everything either is removed or altered. When I move to the trim tab, all the fixtures are removed as well.

<<

Killrob

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 am

Okay, that is not a bug. Did you read the addition to the opening post in this thread about how fixtures work now? The way you want to do it doesn't make much sense (in that case we'd do with just one fixture tab).
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 am

Well god dammit.

<<

Killrob

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Because so many seem to have problems with re-adapting to this new flow (and because it is user friendly to do so), we are right now implementing two buttons in the Trim Fixture tab:
- Load Fixtures from Model Template
- Copy Fixtures to Model Template
<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Got a major problem with the Workshop, guys! I just tried loading it a few minutes ago, and, although it showed up, when I tried to get to the mods.....nothing worked. I tried clicking on all the Xs, the "Click here to return to game" button, and even Shift+Tab; nothing worked, and now, because of this, I can't play without having to restart the game.....and possibly, my PC. So yeah, it's basically broken right now.....which is a real shame, because I was hoping to get some of the mods back. :(
<<

Killrob

Post Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:17 pm

AlternateSteve90 wrote:Got a major problem with the Workshop, guys! I just tried loading it a few minutes ago, and, although it showed up, when I tried to get to the mods.....nothing worked. I tried clicking on all the Xs, the "Click here to return to game" button, and even Shift+Tab; nothing worked, and now, because of this, I can't play without having to restart the game.....and possibly, my PC. So yeah, it's basically broken right now.....which is a real shame, because I was hoping to get some of the mods back. :(

Huh? How is that broken? You do need to restart the game to get the mods, they are loaded on startup of the game.
<<

Jco176

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: None, yet...

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:42 am

No idea is this is a bug or not, but when I build a car from scratch and try to skip the engine and go straight into the trim section, I can't, as the trim button doesn't do anything, I did manage to get into the trim section by scrolling though all the engine tabs, once, and I can't recreate what I did. When I did manage it however, none of the options were selectable.

Also, all the "Preview" button seems to do on the website when posting something is delete what you typed.

Maybe this just isn't my day.
<<

Killrob

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:12 am

Jco176 wrote:No idea is this is a bug or not, but when I build a car from scratch and try to skip the engine and go straight into the trim section, I can't, as the trim button doesn't do anything, I did manage to get into the trim section by scrolling though all the engine tabs, once, and I can't recreate what I did. When I did manage it however, none of the options were selectable.

You should not be able to get into the trim tabs after the engine tabs without having built an engine, so that is all good. If you somehow manage to do that, please tell how, I couldn't recreate that either.
<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:13 am

Killrob wrote:
AlternateSteve90 wrote:Got a major problem with the Workshop, guys! I just tried loading it a few minutes ago, and, although it showed up, when I tried to get to the mods.....nothing worked. I tried clicking on all the Xs, the "Click here to return to game" button, and even Shift+Tab; nothing worked, and now, because of this, I can't play without having to restart the game.....and possibly, my PC. So yeah, it's basically broken right now.....which is a real shame, because I was hoping to get some of the mods back. :(

Huh? How is that broken? You do need to restart the game to get the mods, they are loaded on startup of the game.

Okay, well, I actually managed to get everything to work the second time. The problem was, though, once I got it to load the first time, I couldn't click on *anything* to even navigate the page at all, nor I could I exit out of it, so that's why I thought there was an issue. Although, I suppose it might have just been bad luck on my part. :oops: :oops:

Final Edit: Yep, success! I downloaded *all* of the available mods on the Workshop, and everything showed up without a hitch. 8-)
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat