FAQ  •  Login

Good resource for car stats

<<

PAK9

Cars: Nissan 350z

Post Tue May 26, 2015 8:17 am

Good resource for car stats

When I make cars in Automation I often like to use real world cars for inspiration; When I do this I realise just how little I know about them! It usually sends me off into the web trying to learn all of the detailed information about suspension and engine configuration. The best resource I have found for this so far is:

http://www.carfolio.com/

It has most of the cars I have searched for and has nice detailed stats for example the exact bore and stroke of engines, things which are fairly esoteric but great for replicating in Automation.

One thing to note: If, like me, you don't know much about suspension you may wonder what suspension information like "I.MS.ARB" is supposed to mean. It's a bunch of acronyms, I don't know what all of them mean but here are a few I do:

I - Independent suspension (per wheel)
CS - Coilover Shock
TA - Trailing arm
MS - MacPherson strut
ARB - Anti roll bar

Anyone else have any car stat resources?
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Tue May 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Good resource for car stats

I use that site as well.. The only thing I don't like about it is a lack of a explanation of the acronyms.. Some of them are easy to figure out, but others not so much.

I don't really know of any other comprehensive site. If I can't find it on car folio or wiki I just google search for info.
<<

Cheeseman

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2007 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI Ghia

Post Tue May 26, 2015 5:03 pm

This one can come in handy too:
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/

A lot of the data is a guess, but they seem reasonably logical and there are some things on there that Carfolio doesn't have.
<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu May 28, 2015 1:10 am

Drake wrote:I use that site as well.. The only thing I don't like about it is a lack of a explanation of the acronyms.. Some of them are easy to figure out, but others not so much.

... but they list all their abbreviations on the site right here: http://www.carfolio.com/abbreviations/
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Fri May 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Huh.. I looked all over and could never find that. Maybe I didn't scroll down far enough..

Thanks.

Return to General Chat