FAQ  •  Login

Im annoyed.

<<

BlueSwurl

Cars: A Model Mercedes SLS AMG

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:31 am

Im annoyed.

When I make the perfect car body, and do all that other sh** I move to the engine, place the block, Then it says its too big for the front. Help? :(

(If im lucky, it can sometimes fit but that's a 5 out of a 100 chance)
<<

stm316

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Ford Falcon BA XR6 (2004)
Ford Focus LS (2006)

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:08 am

Re: Im annoyed.

"Too big" in width, length or height? Also, longitudinal vs transverse makes a big difference. Are you building the engine after the body, or selecting one you've built earlier?
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:23 am

Always select your body, suspension but SKIP the fixtures until the very end, build your engine, install transmission and interior, get it all setup and THEN morph the body and then add fixtures, this way if you want to add more fender flare or add/remove weight on the rear end you can and not need to re-add fixtures. Also lets you change the body type to fit certain engines, also certain bodies can have only one decent engine orientation, some only like transverse or longitudinal.
<<

UlyG

Cars: 97 Megane Coupe

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:56 am

BlastersPewPew wrote:Always select your body, suspension but SKIP the fixtures until the very end, build your engine, install transmission and interior, get it all setup and THEN morph the body and then add fixtures, this way if you want to add more fender flare or add/remove weight on the rear end you can and not need to re-add fixtures. Also lets you change the body type to fit certain engines, also certain bodies can have only one decent engine orientation, some only like transverse or longitudinal.

/protip, I've made a mental note of that
<<

BlueSwurl

Cars: A Model Mercedes SLS AMG

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks guys! Will remember.

Return to General Chat