FAQ  •  Login

Bad news for Automation :-(

<<

mikev1989

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:57 am

Bad news for Automation :-(

I just found a cracked version of automation. It is not easy to find but they are there. My question is, you can not disable any such sites?
And no, I will not tell you where
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:20 am

Re: Bad news for Automation :-(

If by hard you mean a 3 second Google search. I doubt that version will be able to update or do multiplayer, but hey every game gets cracked at some point.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

mikev1989

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:26 am

About Google I find no working version. I know that every game is cracked, but it goes so fast that surprised me. It is in fact the latest build
<<

xABSOLUTIONx

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW E36 323i Coupe

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 am

so what? look at any other game.. guess what? it's cracked

even WoW is cracked, doesn't change the fact that it's still hugely succesful
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:30 am

Yupp, that just happens, nothing we can or want to do about it, because that is wasted energy.
What we'll do to minimize this in the long run is Steam Workshop support, multiplayer and a demo of the game on Steam. :)
That should give the proper version of the game some advantages over the cracked one.

Cheers!
<<

Dareios90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Twin Spark (2008 1.6cc 77kW gasoline)

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:53 am

Don't forget that you have 2 proper version! ;)
Steam but also Standalone! :D

By the way, It's scandalous that they cracked also an indie game.

I "should/could" understand the "pirate policy" that want to break the system cracking AAA titles, but indie games?!?
Indie games generally are moved by passion, not money!

EDIT: What about the update for the Standalone version? They are 7 days since the Steam release.
Are Standalone version players second row users?!? ;)

Killrob wrote:Yupp, that just happens, nothing we can or want to do about it, because that is wasted energy.
What we'll do to minimize this in the long run is Steam Workshop support, multiplayer and a demo of the game on Steam. :)
That should give the proper version of the game some advantages over the cracked one.

Cheers!
My Car Company:
DaGi Automobili
Car Company ID: #2014929

Sorry for my english grammatics, I'm Italian!
I "speak" english only at P.E.T./scholastic level!
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:03 am

The thing with the standalone version is that we want to iron out the bad bugs before getting it out because people using the standalone version not necessarily can download a new version every few days. Cas is going to look into making that version this weekend after another patch for Steam.

Cheers!
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:18 am

mikev1989 wrote:I just found a cracked version of automation. It is not easy to find but they are there. My question is, you can not disable any such sites?
And no, I will not tell you where

OMG. What a tragedy! :roll:
Most people that pirate games won't buy them anyway. If you wasted time hunting cracked copies. What would you gain from that?! NOTHING. Just a waste of time and resources.
Every Steam Game is cracked nowadays. Nothing you can do to stop it.

If anything this just proves the game is getting popular. Which is good.
<<

AxeGaijin

Cars: '86 Austin Mini

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:26 am

mikev1989 wrote:About Google I find no working version. I know that every game is cracked, but it goes so fast that surprised me. It is in fact the latest build

Your Google-Fu is weak...

Unfortunately you can't stop it from happening, even with heavy DRM on games they still get cracked. Is it sad it happens to Indie games? Yup, but pirates don't care about that. On the other hand you could see it as a complement, your game is worthy enough to crack... Actually hang on a minute... *uses his Google-Fu* Yeah it pans out, can't seem to find a working cracked version of The Slaughtering Grounds :D

All that said, still might not be the best for sales strategy to point this out on the Official forum where people come to find info on the game, maybe this thread should be deleted?
~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
<<

MWisBest

Cars: 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES (3.2L V6)

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Killrob wrote:Yupp, that just happens, nothing we can or want to do about it, because that is wasted energy.

Cheers!

That sounds like a great approach to this. I admit, I'm one to try-before-buy, but luckily I found my way over to the website here after stumbling across Automation on Steam and then saw that there was a demo available. After about an hour or so of playing with that, I bought the game! :) The demo had a great balance between limiting access to things enough to make me want to buy the full version, but not so limited that I couldn't get a good idea of what to expect from the full version (this is something a lot of demos tick me off about). Getting a demo on Steam would surely be a plus, especially with all the nice UI improvements! :D
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:19 pm

MWisBest wrote:Getting a demo on Steam would surely be a plus, especially with all the nice UI improvements! :D

Steam as an even better option. Free Weekends. Give people the chance to play the full game for 2/3 days. It's great for sales, great for people that want to try it and good for people that already have it because during free weekends there's more people to play online with.
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Cheers!

This sounds like a good approach.

On top of that I would do what Paradox does and lock modding and tech support forums for people who haven't registered their game on the forum. Maybe even community competitions while you are at it..
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Drake wrote:On top of that I would do what Paradox does and lock modding and tech support forums for people who haven't registered their game on the forum. Maybe even community competitions while you are at it..

Exactly what we do with AutomationHub, since we think the devs deserve every single penny.
You need to validate with your Automation account or else you cant use the website :)
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Golf

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:07 pm

WizzyThaMan wrote:
Drake wrote:On top of that I would do what Paradox does and lock modding and tech support forums for people who haven't registered their game on the forum. Maybe even community competitions while you are at it..

Exactly what we do with AutomationHub, since we think the devs deserve every single penny.
You need to validate with your Automation account or else you cant use the website :)

That's very stupid. Telling people what to do might be bolstering your ego, but that won't decrease the number of people who look elsewhere or pirate, quite the contrary actually.
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:41 pm

BurningBridges wrote:
WizzyThaMan wrote:

That's very stupid. Telling people what to do might be bolstering your ego, but that won't decrease the number of people who look elsewhere or pirate, quite the contrary actually.

I see no problem with having to use your game credentials to access the features of a website explicitly designed for posting content you've made in the game itself. (You can view it without owning the game, just not post content)

How is that stupid and encouraging people to pirate the game? (which would then not let them use said community features?)

Anyhow. AutomationHub isn't run by us, but I've no problem with them restricting some of it's features to people who own the game.
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
Next

Return to General Chat