FAQ  •  Login

Community Question: Pre-order bonuses/loot?

<<

conan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Community Question: Pre-order bonuses/loot?

or Wood?
uranium tungsten oxygen octo-thulium
<<

Deus ex Machina

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: none

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm

the problem with ingame stuff is that it shouldnt be THE best option available for the part in the game.

Meaning no super light weight and stiff material for the the frame.

if its THE best in the beginning no prob; but the has to be a regular part in the later stages thats at least as good; else the normal buyers will give you bad PR once they find out....
SIR! We're surrounded by enemies!

Excellent! Now we can attack in ALL directions.
<<

conan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:the problem with ingame stuff is that it shouldnt be THE best option available for the part in the game.

Meaning no super light weight and stiff material for the the frame.

if its THE best in the beginning no prob; but the has to be a regular part in the later stages thats at least as good; else the normal buyers will give you bad PR once they find out....

So cardboard body and wood chassis will do verywell :lol:
uranium tungsten oxygen octo-thulium
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 am

Yeah, no cheaty ingame stuff
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

RedRiot

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1991 Mercedes-Benz 200E

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:25 am

Let people who preorder design their own fake company and lineup of car models for release. So if Kubby preorders the special edition he gets to create Cossack Motors. Complete with lineup of cars through the years.

Great idea, I like it!

A problem I see with beta-tester car companies is that the difficulty probably would be too high. On average someone involved in the beta will probably produce better designs than a newcomer to the game.

I wouldn't worry about that - real car nuts like every kind of cars, not only the best cars.
The first engine I built with the beta was the 1955 Fiat 600 engine - I think even a newbie could build a stronger one. :) And there are people here who has some weird addiction to small, underpowered vans :) - so I don't think that everyone of us would build only unbeatable supercars.

Anyway, we would make some designs, and the Camshaft guys would choose which ones would be in the game at release.
<<

T16

8-Star Beta Tester
8-Star Beta Tester

Cars: AW11, 405 T16

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 am

Here are my thought on the various preorder bonuses ideas.

In-game stuff: Well this one I have mixed feelings about but it depends on how it implemented. Extra in-game stuff in the Demo is not a bad idea, but getting in-game stuff in the final game is a negative trend that have hit the game industry lately. If it's in-game stuff that's not possible for the non-preorders to get or that they will have to pay for it is respectively a very bad and bad idea imho. If it's something that's normally unlocked during the game, that you get early (in a vehicle sandbox type, not when you are running a company that would be cheating) I would not have a problem with it but of course it's also have less value since you get it any way, you just have to spend some time for it.

A poster Sure why not.

Automation T-shirt: sure why not. ;)

The right to name a AI company. good idea maybe hold some sort of contest, although personally I don't care much for naming stuff but clearly others do.

The right to created AI company and lineup. Well I would hope that the AI company are dynamic and not static, because if they are static sooner or later you will learn what you make and when they launch their new cars, which would make the game a lot less fun in my opinion. If the AI will be static if will need as many as possible to limit the previously mentioned problems so in that case its probably a good thing and it would save the devs some time(this is not a excuse for you to make AI static :P ). And I don't think Beta access should be purchasable(yes that's easy for me to say).

The game being cheap when preordered: speaking as a Sønderjyde (only the Danes will get this) that's clearly the best idea here and by some margin ;)
<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 am

I'd add "How to create a car, which is not KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-ish" pdf to special edition.
<<

flobla

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0,
Ford Focus

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:33 pm

I'd like a T-Shirt showing a broken engine or axle or something else that looks cool when it's broken and a nice sort of "try it again" with small letter "automationgame" uder it.

Or something like that :-)

Can I preorder now?
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Heh, I like that, if we can do some humorous designs for a shirt that'd be awesome.

And pre-order stuff is in the works :)
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

JeffreyCor

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron
1999 Saturn SL2

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 am

I can see anything non-digital getting rather expensive. We're from all around the world so shipping costs can add up quickly. I'd rather see these funds going to the devs for their great work on this :)

Maybe some soft of game guide included with preorderes which would be an optional pruchase otherwise? Something with more in depth information on running a successful company and how to design cars for different purposes?
<<

Mateka

Cars: Fiat Tipo 1.4

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:50 am

It should be some digital content,as u can't ship physical things to players in other countries.(or at least it's harder)
<<

Kev2442

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 am

I'm not sure about T-Shirts : it could be difficult to make ones that fit on the customers...
It would be better as a store item I think.

But I'd like some Automation goodies. Maybe a sticker ? My computer couldn't have enough... :D
Maybe in-game things like special fictionnal materials (lighter, cheaper and stronger than anything else ?), or just the possibility to have free add-ons and patches before everyone else ?

What about a little book or a bonus DVD with extra things like development screenshots, videos and pictures ? Or maybe cheaper add-ons ? (just a little bit, we don't want you to go bankrupt :))

I don't think about anything else for now...
<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:20 am

Maybe some paper cars, like those: http://carmageddon.com/media/papercars
<<

Punkal

Platinum Supporter
Platinum Supporter

Cars: 2011 Toyouta Aurion
2011 Triumph Daytona 675R
2015 Indian Scout

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Maybe you could have a special addition that would get the game 3 days/a week early and pre orders could get it a day/3 days early...

This would also have the added benefit of reducing demand on the servers being a digital release and having less people downloading it all at once. Although I would get the special addition even if the only thing I got was early access...

beta access would be good

I would like a shirt or poster but the cost for postage would not be good for you guys... If the SE copy was $10 extra you could get a $10 coupon to use in a store (if you are going to have one that is)...

I cant think of anything else at the moment hope I had some good ideas...
<<

jensenrule

Cars: Jensen Healey jh5

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 pm

how about just things like additional engines (ie. cizeta had a v16 engine rolls Royce made one for the phantom ) / brakes / car types (like three wheelers) /suspension / turbo's (quad turbo , twin supercharged one super two turbo ) but i suppose all this would take to long
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat