FAQ  •  Login

Community Question: Pre-order bonuses/loot?

<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: Community Question: Pre-order bonuses/loot?

jensenrule wrote:how about just things like additional engines (ie. cizeta had a v16 engine rolls Royce made one for the phantom ) / brakes / car types (like three wheelers) /suspension / turbo's (quad turbo , twin supercharged one super two turbo ) but i suppose all this would take to long

A it would take too long, B it would be sucky to force people to preorder to get that stuff
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

jensenrule

Cars: Jensen Healey jh5

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:47 pm

yeah i suppose your right
<<

jensenrule

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:01 am

i guess things like t-shirts and naming companies are the best ideas that said call of duty special editions are ofering the new dlc for free and you even got key chains with them mabey just offer the smallest dlc (if you make) one free , and the t-shirt idea or other branded goods like key chains , bags , or one old those small six pound (10 doller) rc cars
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
rc car
unnamed.jpg (7.68 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
<<

flobla

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0,
Ford Focus

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 am

additional engines may take to long but how about painted engine blocks or things like that (if not planned for the standard version). I love the CJ7s with the red engine block :-)
<<

mx5marc

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Smart Fourtwo

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 am

Hi,

I'm a first time poster - but someone who's been keeping an eye on the forums and progress with a great deal of interest.

Personally I don't think that any bonus should be a physical item such as a t-shirt, or key ring, poster etc. When I have had these in the past they get used for a very small amount of time, and then discarded anyway. Plus with many of us posting on the forums being spread across the world, postage costs would be prohibitive.

I personally aren't interested in any extra bonus. It's not going to sway my decision to buy the software or not - I've already made up my mind to buy it.
The only incentive I see for pre-ordering is to give you guys extra capital to help you speed up the release date.

The biggest bonus I could have is knowing that someone is finally going to be releasing a car manufacturing game having spent years trawling through the net trying to find one!
<<

jensenrule

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 am

your right i mean personally i don't care about the pre order bonus as long as the pre orders got the game about 3 days early i would get it and i would like the security in knowing i was getting it rather then fearing the sever would overload and you wouldn't be able to get it and would have to wait longer
<<

JeffreyCor

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron
1999 Saturn SL2

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:05 pm

I can't believe I didn't think of that, it's brilliant. having a bonus of downloading early would be great! No extra expense in terms of shipping, no unfair extras for those that don't preorder, and what could be better than getting to play this great game? :) Good thinking!
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Nahh, guys, that might be seen as misusing preordering people as beta-testers... that "bonus" can back-fire. :?
<<

JeffreyCor

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 1986 Chrysler LeBaron
1999 Saturn SL2

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 am

A time period as sort as 3 days wouldn't be anything near a beta time. Several commercial games (in the US) have also given early release on preorders. One was even a full week early :D
<<

Kev2442

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 am

I said it too, maybe could the preorderers have the game ans it's hypothetic extentions earlier.
I like bonuses too, but there's the piracy problem : some preorderers may release their special DLC on megaupload or else.
In fact, I like it when I did not preorder it ( :oops: ), but I think this game really deserves people preordering it.
Previous

Return to General Chat