Introductions

<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: Introductions

Hello, is this topic still active? :lol:

Name: Ricardo

Interests: Cars, music, farming, psychology, social studies...

Cars owned: My first car was a VAM Rally GT '81 (which is basically a AMC spirit with a 4.6L engine), then a '96 Chrysler Sebring and recently a '09 Mazda 3 hatchback.

Dream Cars: Porsche carrera Gt, Dodge viper GTS, 1973 Porsche carrera rsr, nissan r390, nissan GTR, BMW E46 M3, and many more!

How I found Automation?: ConeDodger240's videos!
<<

Trixam

Cars: Terrano

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:55 am

Hi!

Name: Przemysław

Occupation: I'm studying Electronics Technology in Technical College

Interests: Electronics, cars, games, bushcraft

Cars owned: I have a Nissan Terrano but only off-road riding (no license yet :p)

Dream Cars: M3 E30, M3 E46 CSL, Nissan Patrol

How I found Automation?: Someone says about this game on Vonzay's livestream.
<<

prayingmantis

Cars: 2010 Audi S4
2015 Audi S3
2013 HD FLS
2011 Triumph T100

Post Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Name: Chris, 41

Interests: Sailing, Computers, Photography

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2015 Audi S3, 2010 Audi S4, 2013 Harley Davidson Softail Slim, 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 (all this and I live in an apartment complex!)

Dream Garage Vehicles: BMW M5, BMW 635Csi, Audi RS7 *someday*, Audi RS4 Avante (can you please release this in the US?). Maybe a Nissan GT-R.

About: I'm inwardly anxious, and outwardly laid back. It's weird.

Gaming: #1 Flight simulators - the more realistic the better. #2 War simulations - again, all about realism

BTW, I miss the old game, Detroit!! And this game ROCKS in comparison! Can't wait to see it more polished. This is unbelievable. What a great game, great developers, and such a great update to a classic genre that has been lost for generations. You guys are great. Thank you so much for rekindling this. Whatever you need, let me know!

Thanks for check'n out my profile.
<<

fawncashew

Cars: BMW ActiveHybrid 5 (3.0L TT Hybrid)

Most of a 1967 Lancia Fulvia (current long term project car)

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 am

Name: James (Im going to leave the surname out for privacy)

Occupation: Investor, mostly property, but occasianally small businesses

Interests: Project Cars (mechanical, not the game), Roadtrips

Vehicles Currently Owned: BMW ActiveHybrid 5 (Think power of the 550, with the mpg of... a 550i, its a dubious hybrid at best!) and most of a '67 Lancia Fulvia

Dream Garage Vehicles: Stock Toyota Supra Manual, Stock Honda NSX,

Previous Vehicles of Interest: 1947 Jaguar Mk V, 1967 VW Karmann Ghia, 1968 Porsche 912 Targa (Had a 2010 Boxter S Engine), Reva G-Wiz (i found one in the classifieds for under a grand, couldnt say no!), Lada Riva (it had no title, and given their, lets call it relaxed, style changes could have been any year between 1980 and 2008)

How did you find us? Well, we are us, but how did u find us? Google, facebook, wikipedia etc? Played around with the original tech demo, forgot entirely about the gbame, only to come across it while fiddling about on the internet.

About: Not much else to say really.

Thanks!
<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:12 am

Name: Asdren

Interests: Vehicles, Games, Programming.

Vehicles Currently Owned: BMW 125i F20 M-Sport

Previous Vehicles of Interest: Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI

How did you find you? I think it was through Steam.
CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:26 pm

I never did this when I first joined so long ago, and never go round to it when I started using the forum, so here it is.

Name: Riley. I am also known as Vri and Creddy

Occupation: High School Student who wishes to be a intermediate grade teacher (Years 7-8, Ages 12-13)

Location: Born in London and lived until 9 months, before moving to New Zealand. Currently lives in Christchurch

Interests: Games, Books, Dungeons & Dragons, The Language of Japanese (And Nothing more than that)

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2000 Toyota Altezza

Dream Garage Vehicles: FIAT 850 Sport Coupe Abarth, Subaru BRZ, BMW i8, Lancia 037 Groub B, That Really Old Bentley race car from the 30s

Previous Vehicles of Interest: My Altezza is my First car...

How did you find us? Through Failrace. Ily Alex I watched one of his videos, then he didn't touch it for a long time, the he did some more and I convinced my fam to let my buy it.

About: So, I'm currently in my third year of high school (Year 11, Age 16) and am a massive car "nerd." My aspirations when I was younger was to be a car designer, but quickly realized that I was no good at art, so I decided I wanted to teach. I love "Electronic Dance Music" or EDM, with monstercat taking the cake. Massive loves toward Deon Custom, Hyper Potions, Pegboard Nerds, Noisestorm, Rogue, Muzzy, Aero Chord, Pixl, Slips & Slurs, and Barely Alive.

My "Dream Garage" is one that is quite strange. The Fiat was due to the fact I could've bought one earlier in the year, but we missed out, so I have made it my life goal to drive one. the BRZ is because BRZ. The i8 is because it is so freakin' cool. the 037 is due to the "mystique" of the car, and because it looks sick. The Bentley is because there is no replacement for displacement.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:37 pm

I've technically been on this forum for a while, however I don't think I ever posted anything. Or if I did it was a long time ago. Point is I should probably do the introduction thing since I finally have the full game now. Yay for having money!

Name: Not the Stig

Occupation: Full-time race car driver, part-time courtesy clerk at a "one stop shop" store

Interests: Racing, Cars, Photography, Gaming, Movies, Music, Doctor Who, Writing

Vehicles Currently Owned: 1996 Ford Probe GT (Mazda MX-6 if you're outside of the U.S.), 2007 Intrepid Cruiser 30mm chassis w/ IAME Leopard TaG 125cc 2-stroke, and a PVP superkart chassis w/ Honda CR 250cc 4-stroke coming soon for the next racing season. (Vintage of the chassis is unknown at this time, as someone else is preparing this kart for me.)

Dream Garage Vehicles: An ever changing list of vehicles, depending on what sort of stuff I happen to be into at the time. But as a general list, Porsche 917, chassic number 13, Porsche 911 930 Turbo, extensively modified in such a way that you can be certain it's going to kill you whenever you drive it, and that's where the list stays the same, after that it's pretty much always changing, but it usually involves a couple one-off, custom, hand built cars, and production vehicles in varying states of authenticity, as well as the occasional bike or two.

Previous Vehicles of Interest: I have a bitchin' Hot Wheels collection.

How did you find us? One of my friends posted or liked or shared or something about your game on Facebook, so I looked into it, liked it, and downloaded the demo. I have been using that off and on for a couple years, before I finally got the full game a couple days ago because I finally had some money I could spend.

About: Oh boy, now we can get to the juicy stuff! Story time! Lights, camera, action!

Ok, I was planning on doing this whole big production back story thing with voice overs by Paul Newman and Steve McQueen (computer synthesized voices have come a long way!), but then the producers pulled the plug halfway through filming so that was a bust. So instead you get the synopsis.

I've been around and interested in cars for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately that never translated to a mechanical background, as neither of my parents was in the auto industry, and we never had room in the garage to work on cars, much less have a project car of any sort. As far as the garage goes, that situation hasn't changed. And since we live at the top of a hill, and our driveway is at an angle, the opportunity never presented itself to get under the hood. Nonetheless, my passion for cars, and particularly racing persisted, given that my dad was a huge car nut (and still is), and previously was a rally driver. Every year while it was still around and came to town we would go out the Champ Car races. That, along with car shows, numerous model cars and hundreds of Hotwheels made sure that my passion for the high octane world that is the automobile never died.

Then, at the age of 13 my automotive world entered a whole new dimension. A couple years before at the Champ Car race I saw a booth for a week long, overnight racing summer camp, learning to drive and race go karts. I was hooked the moment I saw it, but the age limit was 12 to 18, I wasn't old enough. Back into the future, I was finally old enough to go to the camp, and my parents told me if I earned the money for it, I could go. So I spent the next year saving up, and by the time I was 13 I had the money ready to go. At this point my dad started taking it seriously. We started going to local kart races, doing rental sessions at the local track, and looking at used karts on Craigslist. We finally found one we could afford, and next thing I knew I was driving a 60 MPH go kart at the age of 13. More than six years later I'm still racing karts, but now I'm racing them on full size tracks with serious equipment, capable of speeds in excess of 150 MPH and performance comparable to IMSA GT cars, with a second place national title under my belt. It could have been a first, had we had the gearing correct.

So that's me and my car story. I guess all that's left is to say 'Hi'.

Cheers - Racer13
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
<<

SilverChief

Cars: Ford Ranger

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Name: Not important

Occupation: Asst. manager of a Pep Boys commercial dept, gas station attendant, volunteer firefighter

Interests: Cars, gaming, HVAC(R)

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0L V6

Dream Garage Vehicles: 1979 Ford F-150 Ranger Lariat, Chevy Corvair, 1932 Ford V8

Previous Vehicles of Interest: 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE 2.3L quad 4 (was absolute garbage)
<<

Sinister

Cars: 335xi

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:10 am

Name: Sean - AKA Sinister

Interests: photography, games, cars

Vehicles Currently Owned: '08 BMW 335XI 6spd coupe

Dream Garage Vehicles: M4

Previous Vehicles of Interest: '94 Toyota Supra, '84 Toyota Supra, '71 Chevelle SS

How did you find us? Steam

About: Self employed photographer. Ex-programmer, and project manager. I also sold cars, specifically Toyotas & Subarus for a bunch of years in the 90s and briefly in early '00s. So I look to them a lot in what I build. Prior to that I worked in the music business as an audio engineer. I have to admit, I am having a great time with Automation, and I am really looking forward to the campaign version. When I saw this game was influenced from the game Detroit, I got all warm and fuzzy. I loved that game. :)
<<

EdselWillie

Cars: 1958 Edsel Pacer
1960 Chevy Stepside Apache
1961 Nash Metropolitian
1997 'burb
1998 'burb
2006 Imp

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:05 am

Name, just call me Willie if you want

Occupation, Auto Technician and shop owner

Location, Midwest

Interest, booze, guns, boobs, booze, video games, cars, trucks, Lego, outdoors, hunting

Currently owned, <-------------should be in the sidebar

Dream garage? Too long to list

Previous garage? A bunch of 3 series BMW's, a 1969 Camaro

Found the game by browsing in Steam on the day after Christmas, always loved car games and this one already reminds me of "Car Builder" from the Apple IIe days in grade school. It also reminded me of the Commodore 64 game "Street Rod". Yes, that should show how old I am.
<<

WhiteMercedes

Cars: 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1989 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:27 am

Name: Brandon

Interests: Anything that moves, firearms, history, vehicle restoration (my latest project is a 1968 M151 MUTT Jeep.)

Currently Owned: 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 1989 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL, 1952 M38A1 Jeep, 1968 M151 MUTT.

Dream Garage: 1988 Lamborghini Countach, 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600, 1979 Chrysler XM1 Abrams, 1985 Maserati Quattroporte

Previous Garage: 1973 Ford Country Squire (my family's car when I was little), 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit (my first car), 1998 Volkswagen Passat (the only car I ever bought brand new).

I found Automation after looking for an engine building simulator. I got a lot more than that! Like Willie said, this really does remind me of Car Builder, as well as Detroit.

My main company in Automation is Guentherstrass AG. They first began as an armored car manufacturer under a different name just before World War 1. They continued under that other name until 1945, when 24 year old Heinrich Guentherstrass and his brothers Emil and Werner purchased the company. Their factory was located in Stuttgart, right next door to Porsche. They began designing a "people's car" cheap enough for post-war Germany. Thus began the Model 1. The Model 1 continued in production from 1945 until 1947, when it was replaced by the updated Model 2. In 1949, however, we began production of the Guentherstrass Grosser for the German government. It was simply the most luxurious car ever to come out of mainland Europe. Guentherstrass then became the luxury maker it is today. The Grosser, by the way, is still in production today.
Guentherstrass AG: Refinement in Motion. Since 1945.

<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:43 am

I never actually did this when I first came on. About 1 year late but I don't care. :P

Name: (CLASSIFIED) But my youtube name is BooYaBusta

Interests: Motorsport, food, video games, photography (sadly I can't do any), and nature.

Currently Owned: Birel Go-Kart, Logitech G27

Dream Garage: Mercedes AMG GT, Porsche 911 Turbo S, Audi R8 V10 Plus (Second Gen), Mclaren 570S, and a Ferrari 488 GTB. I love exotic supercars.

Previous Garage: A sled?

I first came across Automation when I got sick of those stupid online car editors. And I am not talking about 3dtuning or Stuner. I loved 3dtuning and I did not even know about Stuner. I did not want to edit cars anymore, and I wanted to make some of my own creations. I searched a lot for good car creators, and I saw Automation! I had the demo for a bit, and on Christmas, I got money that I was allowed to use to get Automation, and I have been happy ever since.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

rollingzokumr2

Cars: 1985 Toyota MR2
1991 Toyota Celica

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:55 am

Name: Our names are both Matt
Occupations: Info not Available
Interest: Anything with an engine, motorsports, simracing

How we got here:
My friend and I stumbled upon this sim by accident. We were looking up engine dyno videos and what pops up but Automation. So we went and looked it up and I was instantly sold. So i purchased the early access and here we are lol. Looking forward to spending more time on the forums and with the sim
<<

RickVTEC

Cars: Honda Civic 1.4 iS (EJ9)

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Guys!

Name: Ricardo

Interests: Japanese Cars, Japan

Cars owned: Honda Civic 1.4 iS (First Car)

Dream Cars: Well its a long list! ... Civic Type R FD2, Mugen RR FD2, NSX-R NA2, NSX Type S Zero, S2000, ITR DC2 JDM, ITR DC5, Accord Euro R CL7, Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997), Lotus Exige S V6 Cup, Skyline R34 V-Spec II Nur, Mazda RX7 FD3S, Nissan GTR Nismo, ...

How I found Automation?: Steam and Youtube Videos!
<<

findRED19

Cars: 1986 Mustang

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:00 am

Hello Everyone!

Name: findRED19 (call me Find, Red, or finded, I'm not giving my real name)

Location: Midwest US (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, etc area)

Interests: Making mechanical things work, technic Legos, gaming & computers, and of course cars!

Cars owned: 1986 Mustang Convertible, though the first vehicle I drove back and forth to school was my dad's 1995 Ford F150 with the 351ci (aka 5.8L) Windsor V8 engine and 32" tires, and rusted exhaust system.

Dream Cars: 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 340ci Formula S and more American muscle cars....

How I found Automation?: WhyBeAre's videos!
American Eagle Automotive (AEA) - ID 1948072
Redhawk Performance Group (RPG) - ID 1955073
The performance division of AEA. (same thread as AEA)
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat