twas very sneaky :P

Greetings to everyone!
<<

Agl1431

Cars: A Golf Buggy!.....no seriously I do. :P

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 am

Re: Introductions

Name: Alex

Interests: Computers, Aviation, Cars, Video Games, Skateboarding, Photography (a little)

Vehicles Currently Owned: Does a bike count haha

Dream Garage Vehicles: McLaren F1, Koenigsegg CCX, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, Nissan GT-R, Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Reventon, Porsche Carrera GT, Audi R8....this goes on. :D

How did you find us? Google!

About:

I was born in Brooklyn, NY and moved to Staten Island when I was about 5. I am currently trying to survive high school and trying to survive living here too. :P

Been interested and loved cars since I was about 5 or 6. I got interested in aviation when I was 12 and I think that got me out of cars a bit. But now I love both. I've had (and still do) almost every racing game possible for the consoles I had :D And I love tycoon games. I always play Forza Motorsport 3 on my 360. I remember when I was younger, I use to be able to name almost every car on the streets :P Had too many Matchbox and Hot Wheels haha and was obsessed with Nascar. I am also a computer whiz.

When I look at concept cars by a car company, I just think like how would it be like to design your own cars, sell them, and run your own car company. Finally found Automation and I was excited I was just in time for the beta! This really looks and sounds like an outstanding game!

I'm looking forward to this game!
<<

fordford

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Cars: subaru legacy spec b

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 am

welcome :)
<<

Khai

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: vw bug
chevy lumina
chrysler sebring

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Hello all

Name: Khai (that's all you need for now)

Interests: Hardware, networking, digital forensics, live steam, sailing the world

Vehicles Currently Owned: '68 vw bug, '89 chevy lumina, '06 chrysler sebring

Dream Garage Vehicles: Nothing I can afford, I'll make do with what I can

How did you find us? "Related" link from wikipedia, from the Car Tycoon segment

About: I spent my formative years helping my dad work on cars. Beating body panels back into shape, rebuilding engines, painting, and generally reaching what he couldn't (children have smaller hands, you know) get to. I moved on, but the smell of welding is still in my nose, paint thinner runs in my veins and I still hear the tap of a body hammer.
<<

ellbristow

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso
(not a Bugatti, but I love it)

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 am

Name: Elliott "Jigsaw" Bristow

Location: UK born and bred, Currently living in Costa Blance, Spain

Interests: Games (particularly management sims), Programming (HTML, PHP, MYSQL), Graphic Design (Fireworks, Illustrator)

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso HDi Desire 2.0 (I'm a family guy now... it's not the Smart Roadster I user to have)

Dream Garage Vehicles: Bugatti Veyron

Previous Vehicles of Interest: Lexus IS220/250d, Smart Roadster, Audi R8

How did you find us?: wikipedia, while searching to find a new patch to ease my Detroit craving that has been aching for so many years.

About:

Male, 28 (at time of post), moved from UK to Spain in September 2010 so that my wife could be nearer to her mum, who has lived here for 4 years.

Used to own my own accountancy firm, which I sold in Feb 2010 to get involved in my real dream-career, web and graphic design/development. I single-handedly built www.locallizard.co.uk, which I am still hold a 15% interest in, but now I have moved to Spain I am working on building my own web design business from home.

I don't have a huge interest in cars, but I do have a huge interest in games and game development. I am an avid supporter of independent developers (introversion being my clear favourite, to date), and am often hunting down IGN award finalists to see what they are developing. I would love to be a part of the development of something that is starting (comparatively) small and see it grow.

My field of expertise that I can offer to game developers is:
> (Excessive, according to my wife) interest in games
> 20 years 'gameplay' experience (If my Atari ST could see me now)
> Excellent grasp of the English language, ideal for proofreading and typo spotting
> The brain of a programmer
> Meticulous eye for detail when it comes to graphical styling
> I work from home and am ALWAYS sitting in front of a PC
> I WANT to help :D
From the online PHP manual:
"Note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary"
http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php
<<

Deus ex Machina

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: none

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:44 am

not being a car nerd somehow reduces the parts u could work on, the accounting points more or less into a single field :-P

nonetheless, welcome to you and the others who joined since my last post here

PS: no im not a dev, just a tester
SIR! We're surrounded by enemies!

Excellent! Now we can attack in ALL directions.
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:54 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:not being a car nerd somehow reduces the parts u could work on, the accounting points more or less into a single field :-P

nonetheless, welcome to you and the others who joined since my last post here

PS: no im not a dev, just a tester

On the other hand, it would be nice to have more Beta testers that know less about cars and engines since they will be able to give a less biased opinion about the difficulty of designing an engine, or the helpfulness of the descriptions of parts.
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Welcome, and send through a Beta application - Drake is right, at some-point we will need people with less knowledge of cars to help us make it more user friendly for people who aren't complete car nerds :)
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

ellbristow

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso
(not a Bugatti, but I love it)

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 am

My beta application is already in. I have basic knowledge of cars, and I used to play Detroit and Car Tycoon so I know how these kind of games have worked previously. I also know it's not easy to get the balance right between technical and useable!

I would love to help direct the game to a more 'general interest' audience rather than just petrol heads.
From the online PHP manual:
"Note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary"
http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php
<<

ExRedux

Official Tester
Official Tester

Cars: 2001 Ford Ranger
2004 Evo VIII

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Name: Aaron

Interests: Things with moving parts, and gaming.

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2001 Ford Ranger (ext cab, step side), and a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII

Dream Garage Vehicles: 1966 Corvette Stingray, 2011 BMW F10 M5, 2002 Toyota Supra

How did you find us? http://www.indiedb.com - Was just searching for simulator games, and I seen this one, and almost fainted with excitement.

About: I took some courses in mechanical engineering with hopes to start my own R&D company with plans to work on electric cars (turn them from shitty prius to things that go 220mph), and other transport systems.

Dreaming about driving proffessionally in the World Rally Championship some day.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
<<

conan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Welcome Aaron

We all like you because you got an EVO :P
uranium tungsten oxygen octo-thulium
<<

dread_darven

Official Tester
Official Tester

Cars: Honda Civic EG with B18C6 Type-R engine
Opel Vectra daily

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:23 am

Name: Erik Brendel

Interests: Almost everything that has todo with cars, 3d modelling, games, modding games and travelling.

Vehicles Currently Owned: Honda Civic EG Esi (see further details at my ride) and a Opel Vectra as a daily

Dream Garage Vehicles: Honda NSX, Honda Civic EG ....no realy, as i was young i always loved the general look of the hatchback and always kept that feeling , Nissan Skyline R32 GTR and the Koenigsegg CCXR (the hellish sounds this car produces :twisted: :D )

Previous Vehicles of Interest: Golf 4 1.8 turbo(great low-end torque for a petrol engine and enough power) , Audi Coupe 2.3 (5 cylinder sound is so nice)

How did you find us? searching wikipedia for Detroit like games.... and there is was at the bottem of the page.

About:

Always had an interest in cars because my grandfather apparently gave me matchbox vehicle toys and i still have all of them (3 boxes full). When i was older i always wanted toy cars, also drew cars in the classroom (and not paying attention to the lessons :roll: )
After i got my licence, well.... then it became a little bit more expensive...
A few years ago i bought a house (with a garage, Very important) together with my girlfriend.
I also "draw" vehicles in 3d studio max as a hoby and some of my freetime (which is alot as i'm now without a job) goes to playing (mostly) racing games and tinkering in programs like engine analyzer.
The rest goes to my girlfriend and seeing the world (havent been out of europe though :roll: )
<<

Alfist-GTV6

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
2002 Fiat Stilo Abarth

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:41 am

Hoi Erik, welkom op het forum. ;)

Whoops....i still forgot to introduce myself, so here it goes:

Name: Arjan Kuiper.

Interests: Cars, computers, gaming, etc.

Vehicles Currently Owned: 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 and a 2002 Fiat Stilo Abarth.

Dream Garage Vehicles: 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 (already own it heheh), 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA, 1967 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, 1976 Fiat 131 Abarth, 1973 Lancia Stratos, 1992 Lancia Delta Integrale Evo II.
I'd better stop there, or else the list would go on and on without an end. :lol:

How did you find us? By searching the net for tycoon games with a car theme.

About: Since i was a kid, i was already interested in everything that was on wheels.
So the basics were already there to become a fulltime car enthusiast, which i still am till this very day.

Err...if you people want to know more, just ask.
<<

Xysche

Cars: 2002 IS300 5-Speed
1998 Audi A6
1993 BMW 325is (Race Prep)
1991 Mitsu 3000GT VR4 (#5)
1987 Toyota Celica

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Name: Jeff

Interests: Working with kids, cars & racing, animals and home improvement

Vehicles Currently Owned: IS300, 3000GT VR4, 325is, Celica, A6

Dream Garage Vehicles: Porsche 928 GT4, Mazzy Quattroporte (yes I know they're bloated!), Alfa RZ

Previous Vehicles of Interest: I don't let my cars go that easily... the Celica was my first car!

How did you find us? Wikipedia

About:

Currently working on repairing the A6's transmission (what a headache and expensive on my salary). I used to race Formula for Jim Russel in Mont Tremblant, Quebec --- anyone ever been to that track? Nothing short of spectacular.

I'm online more than I would like, but this is where is get both my car and gaming fixes do I can't really blame myself too much!
<<

zeussy

Developer - Lead Programmer
Developer - Lead Programmer

Cars: A crashed 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:34 pm

wow thats quite a stable you got their Xysche,

Welcome to the forums.
Lead Progammer (The Guy that makes stuff happen!)

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Come chat to us at http://automationgame.com/irc
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat