RustRocket

Cars: 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass
1994 Buick Roadmaster
2010 Ford Flex TT-3.5 AWD
2005 Mustang GT
2003 Crown Vic P71

Post Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 am

H4's, V6's, H-6's, and other stuff

Hello, before I bore you with my suggestions, I'm just going to assume all of these things have already been discussed.
#1, H or Flat engine's. Something I would definitely look forward to, making myself a Type-1 or Porsche replica.
#2, air-cooled-ness. In my opinion, having air-cooled cars would be fun, but I can definitely live without it. I don't think the game NEEDS it, but it would be kinda cool.
#3, V6's. I know its already been discussed so I'm just going to leave it where it is
#4, pre-1960-something 4x4's. There doesn't seem to be any ability to make 4-wheel-drive cars or trucks in the 1940's or 50's. There's also no Jeep-style bodies until 1970-something. Could this be changed eventually?
#5, pre-1960-something rear engine cars. How shall I make myself a Type 1 or Ralph Nader-Repellant ripoff with no rear engine option for the 40's-60's?
Thanks for reading this if you did, feedback is appreciated, Thanks
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed May 20, 2015 8:58 am

Re: H4's, V6's, H-6's, and other stuff

I recommend you use the search function next time, as all those questions have already been answered.

This thread should already give you a decent idea of what is planned.
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ... f=15&t=137

RustRocket wrote:Hello, before I bore you with my suggestions, I'm just going to assume all of these things have already been discussed.
#1, H or Flat engine's. Something I would definitely look forward to, making myself a Type-1 or Porsche replica.

Boxer 4 and 6 should be added before the final release.

RustRocket wrote:#2, air-cooled-ness. In my opinion, having air-cooled cars would be fun, but I can definitely live without it. I don't think the game NEEDS it, but it would be kinda cool.

I don't remember 100% but I think the position of the devs on this topic is that it doesn't bring much to the game compared to how much work would be required to make this. Mainly since it will require remaking a new set of assets for all the engine blocks and heads.

RustRocket wrote:#3, V6's. I know its already been discussed so I'm just going to leave it where it is

Coming in the next patch.

RustRocket wrote:#4, pre-1960-something 4x4's. There doesn't seem to be any ability to make 4-wheel-drive cars or trucks in the 1940's or 50's. There's also no Jeep-style bodies until 1970-something. Could this be changed eventually?

The current AWD system is more like the Quattro system and other modern AWD systems. A proper 4X4 system with transfer case will be added, and from what Killrob said, it might end up unlocked from the very beginning.

As for the bodies, those will also come soonish. Forum user Felgen is currently making a UAZ-469 style car with an unlock date probably in the 60s, and I am sure we will see a few more unlocked even earlier.

RustRocket wrote:#5, pre-1960-something rear engine cars. How shall I make myself a Type 1 or Ralph Nader-Repellant ripoff with no rear engine option for the 40's-60's?

Those are also coming before V1.0, especially since we already have a few car bodies suitable for this.

Return to General Chat