FAQ  •  Login

Simulation

<<

Driver69

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance (V8 295HP 4spd Luxury Cruiser)
1996 Dodge Stratus ES (I4 150HP 4spd country car)

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:52 am

Simulation

Will we be able to pick a year to start, say 1900 and then build our car company from scratch, and then have changes that reflect real life changes up until the present day? Or does the simulation involve different aspects but remains static in time?

Will there be external competitive pressures like poor sales if you build a model that has poor performance or is ugly? Will there be other brands in our game controlled by AI that will have products and varying levels of success that have an influence on our company, like in real life. Will the game be pretty easy to play or will there be some strategy involved? All of this real simulation would make this game great.
<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: Simulation

Yeah... That's kind of point of game, except you start in 1946.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:06 am

Will we be able to pick a year to start, say 1900?
Probably yes, but definitely only years between 1946 and 2020.

reflect real life changes up until the present day?
Yes.

poor sales if you build a model that has poor performance?
Big yes! Also, reputation will stick, just like IRL.

AI that has products and varying levels of success that have an influence on our company?
Yes. It'll be like real competition.

Will the game be pretty easy to play or will there be some strategy involved?
If you play the Engine Designer demo you see what level of difficulty we are aiming at. If strategic gameplay is not required in the final game then I would have failed big time - and I won't let that happen. :P

Cheers!
<<

Driver69

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance (V8 295HP 4spd Luxury Cruiser)
1996 Dodge Stratus ES (I4 150HP 4spd country car)

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:38 am

Thanks so much for answering and getting back so quickly.

I did expect all of these features to be in the game, but I just wanted to confirm. Because I have been wishing a game like this would come along for years! I played Detroit and another similar game whose name escapes me, but it is nothing compared to Automation. I already have my company planned out and I just wanted to be sure it would work before I got too carried away. I will start a thread for ideas. I'd like to post mine and see what other people have in mind.

Very excited for this game!

I just thought of another, more specific question - Will the AI represent real life styles of competitors, like Asians with economy cars and Americans with muscle cars? I would love to make an American style company and obliterate the Asain competition.
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:44 am

:) That is what we plan at least, every AI will have different "profiles" depending on which markets they want to satisfy... so in the US you will probably find some muscle car competition because there is a market for it there. How exactly all that is handled we don't know yet, but I think we can make it much better than any game with a car theme before us.

Return to General Chat